Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender exception

Options

I am running Bitdefender on my MacBook and have selected to exclude backups and Time Machine, yet it keeps scanning it. How can this be fixed?

Thx

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• EricRF
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue, but when I create the bitdefender_results file, it's too big to e-mail as a file attachment. What should I do?

Thanks!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

@EricRF

Hello.

First, you must contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

Don't forget to write in the e-mail that you have already generated a log file which is too large and ask them to provide you with an upload location so you can share the log file with them.

Keep in mind that only technical support engineer can provide you the location with detailed explenation how to upload the file on that location.

Regards.

• I contacted support (providing the relavant logs) and after over a week of back and forth, they came back with "this is a known issue and will be addressed in a future update". This is not ideal if this is indeed the case, as I had the exact same problem a year ago on my other mac (which led me to remove bitdefender in the end).

Do better Bitdefender.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@breaksfr

@Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD Check on this and ticket's status. Thanks.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

Kindly let the support team know that the logs generated is large in size. As per my previous experience with the support department, they will provide you with bitdefender online link drive with the password where you can upload the logs and share with them . The maximum upload size of bitdefender online drive is upto 1-2GB.

After the support team will download the logs from the bitdefender online drive link that will be shared to you and your query will be resolved, the bitdefender online drive link will be deleted by the support team.

NOTE : The bitdefender online drive link and password are only generated by bitdefender support team to upload stuffs that you want to share with bitdefender. You will not be able to find bitdefender online drive link on the internet.

Alternatively, you can also make use of google drive to upload your logs and then share the link with the support team.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@breaksfr I have located your open ticket and asked the engineers to provide a response as soon as possible. The situation might take a bit longer to resolve, but you will hear from the technical teams shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user