Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Option to disable the automatic profile popup annoyance?

I keep getting this popup in the lower right corner that reminds me to activate a profle. Last time it happened while I was in a game, it hijacked focus and got me killed so I had to redo a very long mission. I'm now on the verge of getting rid of Bitdefender for good.

I can't believe that the developers have absolutely no sense of privacy and usability. This program is plagued with extremely obtrusive annoyances and always have been — such complaints go back to almost a decade. I have plenty of modules turned off already, as the amount of notifications coming from them is unbearable (search advisor, encrypted web scan), but some notifications cannot be turned off at all, like microphone access. However, the goddam profile popup beats everything. It's not just infuriating, it effectively ruins your gaming experience, interrupts works, and acts like a malware itself.

Please guys, bring in a real UX expert to the next meeting and try to find a much better way to interact with your users. The annoyances are now out of control. At the very least, the notifications have to be optional and they need to stop grabbing focus. If this isn't addressed in the very near future, I'm moving on. You've been ignoring these complaints for ages.

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @john635,

Check out the Game Profile as well. It might be useful to activate while gaming, as it enhances visual effects and eliminates interruptions when playing. This way, you will enjoy an uninterrupted gaming experience. The profile halts pop-ups, adjusts visual settings, and pauses unimportant background activities.

The following product settings are applied when the Game Profile is activated:

• All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled
    • Automatic Update is postponed
    • Scheduled scans are postponed
    • Search Advisor is disabled
    • Special offers notifications are disabled

You can configure the actions taken by Bitdefender while in Game Profile, by following the instructions presented below:

1. Click the Utilities icon on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the Profiles pane, click Settings.

3. Click the CONFIGURE button from the Game Profile area.

4. Choose the system adjustments you would like to be applied by checking one or more of the options displayed in the new window.

If Bitdefender does not automatically enter Game Profile when you launch a certain game or app, you can manually add the application to the Games list:

• Click on the Games list button.
    • Click Add.
    • In the new window, browse to the application’s executable file and select it.
    • Click OK to add it to the list.

5. Click Save to close the window.

Also, if you click on "enable now" in that pop up notification, it will go away and Bitdefender will adapt to different activities and this will assign more system resources to the running applications by temporarily modifying protection settings and adjusting system configuration. Consequently, the system impact on your activity is minimized.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @john635,

By having the below option enabled, you won't have to manually setup a profile each time you start an activity, as Bitdefender will adjust its configuration automatically, according to your activity:

You can also choose to receive more or less microphone alerts. Here is how:

1. Bring up Bitdefender and click Privacy on the navigation menu.

2. In the VIDEO & AUDIO PROTECTION pane, click Settings.

3. Go to Microphone tab.

4. In the Notifications section, switch OFF:

• Notify when an application tries to access the microphone

• Notify when browsers access the microphone

• Notify when untrusted apps access the microphone

• Display notification based on Bitdefender users’ choice

This should stop the notifications triggered by Fiio DAC. There are, indeed, certain notifications that cannot be completely disabled by design, because they are an important tool in monitoring and managing the Bitdefender protection. But the product does offer solutions to mitigate them and customization can be achieved.

Regards

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Just like me, if you also turn off the "Special offers" option, you will get rid of any pop-up notifications in the lower right corner in the future.

Regards.

• @Gjoksi> Thanks for your reply. I have this option off, along with every possible notification option. First thing I do right after install is I turn everything off.

If it still shows up it must be a bug. But I believe the profile reminder is an exception and is not affected by this toggle.

• Gjoksi

@john635

Well, you might be right, it could be a bug. In this case, only the support engineers can help.

So, first, take screenshot(s) of the issue and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hi @Alexandru_BD, thanks much for your feedback.

I'm aware of how profiles work, and the whole point of my rant is that I don't want to fiddle with them each time I start an activity. I thought it was optional not mandatory. I'm happy without profiles, and I don't want BD to nag me. Especially not with random marketing messages or tips. These are not useful in any regard, they are just annoyances.

Please let your users turn them off completely, along with microphone access notifications. Any time I switch to an audio or video editor the mike notification pops up too, and even that is false because there's no mike attached to my computer. I have a Fiio DAC that has no microphone input whatsoever, but BD thinks it does.

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

"the Game Profile... enhances visual effects"

Really?

I would be fascinated to learn how exactly it does that.

• It uses behavioral heuristics along with a list of known games to automatically detect running games and optimize the system resources. Less strain on your PC equals improved visual performance, no lag, no freeze and so on.

• @Alexandru_BD thanks for the instructions with the mike, this was useful indeed, I somehow skipped those settings. I stand corrected :) Great support.

• Great tip. I was always redirected to this site

• Gjoksi

@charlesmyron009

good for you... but, you got reported for spamming ;)

• Activating profiles disable key processes such as scheduled scans - what ridiculous advice.

All because BitDefender can't add a 'silence' mode for notifications.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@vbfhg rh

We get your frustration regarding some of the notifications etc. But please refrain from finding every thread you can to vent on, or you will be reported.

Thank you,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• if it is a feature's request discussion, then I might to add some insight about Profile picture!

• Hello @maurafranklin,

Sure, please elaborate. What exactly are you referring to in relation to the profile picture?

Regards