How can you protect my system when you BitDefender yourself is an adware?

sandbo
sandbo
edited July 2022 in VPN

I am trying so hard to remove your VPN.

Everytime I did, it said permanently removed. Reboot and wait for a bit, it comes back, haunt me with a notification which I turned off the offers or whatever, placing an icon on my otherwise clean desktop.

You are supposed to keep me from adware/malware/virus. And you just became one of them. I paid for my subscription, but it turns out to be a stupid decision.

How desperate are you? Trying to sell your product to someone who are actually willing to pay, instead of using your Free version? Should I just get rid of you?

Comments

• Bitdefender is the best security solution! He is ... Rollce Royce of all antiviruses!

Please contact the technical assistance to clarify any problem!

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Hello @sandbo and welcome back to the Community!

All customers that use one of our security suites also benefit from 200 Mb/day of free VPN encrypted traffic, therefore we need to install the app so the users can utilize the full functionality of the product they chose.

The Bitdefender apps are easily removable via standard platform specific mechanisms (eg for Windows, go to Programs & Features). It is essential to know if the uninstall task was completed successfully, as the VPN should not resurface in the event it has been removed. Do you still have the VPN icon displayed on your desktop?

You can also disable autoconnect at startup using the toggle displayed in the below screenshot:

And you can disable the notifications for VPN as well:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user