Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disabled Two factors authenticator on my account

Options

Hello,

I have activate 2-Factor Authentication on bitdefender central and i used google authenticator.

I have changed the authenticator and i did't realized that if i delete the app from the phone i will lose generation of the code.

I still have the account connected to a trusted device. And i know the password.

Any advice to disable 2-Factor Authentication.

Regards,

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello.

Only Bitdefender staff can do that!

Wait for @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work at Bitdefender) to take a look here and temporarilly disable the 2-FA.

But, if you don't want to wait for their response, you can contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Anyway, you must wait for a response from Bitdefender staff.

Regards.

P.S. I use Authy as a 2-FA application. Much better than Google Authenticator, since all accounts are backed-up on your Authy account and also all accounts are synced between multiple devices (Windwos, Android...).

• But when are they coming?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again.

@Alexandru_BD was on a vacation, today was his first day back at work.

@Mike_BD from today is on a vacation.

Please, be patient.

@Alexandru_BD Please check on this, as the user can't access his Bitdefender Central account.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @ipjoseph and thank you for your patience. Many thanks to @Gjoksi for the heads up.

I have temporarily disabled the 2-Factor Authentication feature to allow the login. Kindly try to login now and let us know how it goes. To reactivate this additional layer of protection after the login is successful, simply follow the steps described in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1581/

@KelleyBoyd we are unaware of any reported issues with the 2FA, in this particular case the google authenticator app was deleted from the device, thus the code could no longer be generated.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user