Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why does the Bitdefender VPN reduce my jigawat internet service to dial up speeds?

Options

I have a high end modem and a nighthawk router with 1g internet speed capabilities along with 1g internet service (which rarely exceeds 700mb/s). My gaming system, phone, tvs, security cameras, etc. operate without a glitch, however when I connect the VPN while using my Predator gaming laptop, I feel like I'm using the very first version of AOL dialup service just to scroll through product pages on a popular retail website. Its not uncommon to drop to under 100mbps and even single digits for the entire time the VPN is connected. If this is considered normal, what other VPNs do the same thing except leaving out the part where your internet is measured on the same time scale as traditional mail service.

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

As far as i know, @Scott uses the premium version of Bitdefender VPN, so maybe he faced the same issue before and can help you in any way with that.

Regards.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @KCalmostPro and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender VPN is designed to offer you a light experience while surfing the web; however, your internet connectivity or the server distance you connect to may cause a slowdown. In this case, if it is not a must to connect from your location to a faraway hosted server (e.g. from the USA to China), we recommend you allow the VPN to automatically connect you to the nearest server, or find a server closer to your current location.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I leave the VPN settings on auto, and the server is usually a neighboring state, but Idk if that's considered long distance or not. I had virtual shield previously and never had this sort of issue. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong before I switch services. I was trying to keep the same VPN as all of my privacy/security/cleaning software, but I don't think this is the one for me. I was already not happy when my annual subscription renewed w/o any notice to me while I intended to cancel the VPN subscription. I guess I can just make up the difference by getting basic internet speed until the subscription runs out