Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vpn premium to work using WiFi with samsung S7 tablet

Options

Hi, back again, still trying to make vpn work using wi fi.

Samsung Galaxy S7

Connection WiFi in building.

Android 12

Bitdefender V 3.3.175.2012

Screen shots

That what was required for assistance.

Hope this is of some help to determine why vpn won't work using WiFi only.

BTW vpn works fine on my phone but only using my ISP connection.

Regards Peter au

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LandRover and welcome to the Community!

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

I have noticed that you have raised a ticket for our Technical Support Teams and the engineers advised to reinstall the VPN. Kindly let us know if the issue persists after a fresh install.

In the event you have checked the above possible reasons and reinstalling the VPN does not solve the issue, please reply to our engineers on the open ticket and they will provide further assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user