Whwere is the button to deselect auto renew?

The Bit Defender contract clearly states that auto renewal may be turned off at Bit Defender Central.

However, there is no sign of any means to so do

Answers

• Did you pay by Paypal, i did and also i do not have this button. You have to jump through hoops to find whwre it should be. So i will not be renewing BD

i opened a ticket at support@2checkout.com i got an auto response to say ticket opened

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

You can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

Also, from my personal experience, Method 1 does the job.

Finally, you may cancel your automatically subscription by contacting Customer Support at: cancel@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• I cancelled in my www.2checkout.com account which you get if your purchase BD online

• there is no option for me to cancel auto update only go to dash board and cancel sub and protection

We should not have to jump through hoops to get to it anyway and when my sub ends i will be gone. There should be a link where you buy it to stop the auto renewal and i will be talking to consumer affairs.There should be an easy to seeopt out.

I have more to do than play hop skotch through links.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@OakSafe

"Stop Auto-Renewal" and "Stop Subscription" are the same thing. It is just a different terminology for the same thing, and that is cancellation of the auto-renewal process when the current subscription will end.

@Alexandru_BD

The OP is right, these terms are kind of confusing. If you take a look at the first picture i posted, any user would ask himself: what is cancelled, the subscription OR the auto renewal for the subscription?

Especially if the user is not tech-savvy.

Also, this reminds me of the confusion between the "Wallet" and "Password Manager" service/product we already had here before.

Instead of "Subscription status: Cancelled", it should be "Auto renewal status: Cancelled" or "Auto-renewal status: Cancelled".

Regards.

• Hello @OakSafe,

A subscription assumes continuity and is defined by the configuration preferences of the automatic renewal feature. They are synonymous and basically mean the same thing. The term "subscription" is being used in the context of the transition to an upgraded subscription type and represents one of the first steps in migrating to a subscription based model, similar to the one used by streaming services.

The term became very popular in the antivirus industry and it can be noticed that most security providers are switching to subscription-based services. At the same time, the automatic renewal term refers to the actual feature that makes a subscription possible and can be customized according to the customer's preferences.

We understand that some users do not want this option to be active, and that's why we provide our customers with multiple ways to disable it, either following automated notification, through the 2checkout account, or by contacting the Support Teams anytime at cancel@bitdefender.com

Also, we try to ensure maximum transparency on the Auto renewal process both through the information available at the time of purchase and through email notifications before the renewal is performed. These e-mails also include a link for easy cancellation of the service.

It is always the client's decision if he wants to keep the Auto Renewal on or off. If the auto renewal option remains active, the Bitdefender subscription will be automatically extended and this will keep the defenses activated without interruption for all devices covered by the current subscription.

I wish to thank you for your collaboration and understanding and should you require any further assistance or simply have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• "Also, we try to ensure maximum transparency on the Auto renewal process both through the information available at the time of purchase and through email notifications before the renewal is performed"

i disagree one has to click many links to get to it

• Hi,

The information regarding the automatic renewal is available prior to the purchase on each product page, but also in the shopping cart, before the actual purchase, as shown below:

It's literally two clicks away.

As the Bitdefender products available on the official website are not sold directly, but with the help of authorized vendors such as 2checkout, an account is created automatically when you first place an order through our page. It’s a secured platform that centralizes all the shopping activity for the users who have purchased software or services from Bitdefender.

You can use the account to:

• view the status of your order even if the payment is incomplete
    • view your complete order history
    • download invoices
    • retrieve activation codes
    • renew your subscription
    • stop or enable the automatic renewal of your service
    • find the support details for the purchased Bitdefender product
    • edit all your personal and billing information. At the moment, the e-mail address can be changed only by contacting 2Checkout or Bitdefender support

Regards

• OakSafe
    OakSafe
    edited July 2022

The auto renewal link was in the cart but when i clicked it it did not give me a direct option to opt out of auto renewal

It gave a box explaining auto renewal with this at the end "You can cancel the automatic charges for your subscription by logging in to your Bitdefender Account and disable automatic renewal, or by contacting Customer Support at: cancel@bitdefender.com"

• Hello @OakSafe,

The automatic renewal feature cannot be disabled prior to the purchase, as the shopping card does not offer this function when entering the payment method at checkout. But it does provide information regarding the enrollment and automatic renewal. Being a subscription based service, by providing a valid credit card number to Bitdefender at purchase, you agree to permit Bitdefender to automatically renew your subscription to ensure continuous protection, according to the Tems of Use and unless stated otherwise after the initial payment is settled.

But the preferences can be customized after the initial payment through the various methods described herein.

Regards