Any reliable way to disable your VPN on Mac

Bitdefender_user_01
edited August 2022 in VPN

Your goddamn VPN keeps autostarting on every restart, even though I disabled every option on the VPN settings page.

Is it possible to uninstall it? IT'S ANNOYING!

You're supposed to fight adware, not include one in your product!

Tagged:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

This issue has already been discussed here (click on "View Post"):

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your MacOS device using BDProfiler, by following these steps:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1863/

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91918/bitdefender-websites-and-bitdefender-consumer-support-contacts

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

OR

You can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN on macOS, by following these steps:

Regards.

• Thank you so much, Gjoksi.

I uninstalled the VPN following the method you mentioned.

Is there a way to vote down or at least tell the BD teams how stupid it is to force this crappy VPN app upon us?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Hello again.

Method 1:

All your requests, comments and opinions about Bitdefender program(s) can be submitted here:

For example, you could write that users should have a choice to install only the Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, without the VPN feature, or something similar.

Method 2:

All your requests, comments and opinions about Bitdefender program(s) can be submitted to the Bitdefender Consumer Support here:

Just select Activate & Install -> Install -> Bitdefender Premium VPN and click on "Contact Support". You can choose between chat, telephone or e-mail.

Method 3:

This forum is monitored by @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender), so all your requests, comments and opinions about Bitdefender program(s) in every category are read on daily basis. You could also PM them.

Regards.

• Hello @Bitdefender_user_01,

All customers that use one of our security suites also benefit from 200 Mb/day of free VPN encrypted traffic, therefore we need to install the app so the customer can utilize the full functionality of the product they chose.

Therefore, the VPN is not an adware, it is an integral component of your Bitdefender solution.

In the event you do not require VPN coverage, the app is easily removable via standard platform specific mechanisms, as indicated by Gjoksi above.

Please use a polite language on this forum.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bitdefender_user_01
    edited August 2022

Oh, I'm sorry that my language hurts your feelings, Alexandru.

If you don't like angry customers, then maybe you shouldn't have included an app that we can't turn off or prevent from starting up.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved thanks to Gjoksi.

• Well, it's not necessary about me here. It's about all the members of this community that might find such language offensive. I know that sometimes venting might happen and it's fine, but first we must ask ourselves: will it solve anything?

Glad to hear you found the information useful and this was resolved.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user