Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vulnerability Scan - Adobe Reader Update Available - NOT!

For weeks now I keep getting Adobe Reader has a later version blah blah blah. Every time I check and run the DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION - it just verifies I am in fact funning the latest version. How do I get rid of that false "vulnerability recommendation?"

Thanks

SEE ATTACHMENT

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hello.

There is no possibility to ignore that software update vulnerability recommendation, not only for Adobe Reader, but for all installed applications.

For example, in Glary Utilities PRO you have the option to ignore the recommended update for any program. When software update check is done, you only click on "Ignore all versions" of the selected program and in the future, when software update check is performed, the program will not check for updates for the selected program.

But, for now Bitdefender doesn't have the option to ignore/exclude some programs to be scanned for updates.

False or not, in the future you will still get the update recommendation, no matter if you have or have not installed the latest version of the program installed on your device.

You could also contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Maybe @Alexandru_BD can add a comment on the issue here.

Regards.

• Thanks for the information.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff

@bitdefender_old

For weeks now I keep getting Adobe Reader has a later version blah blah blah. Every time I check and run the DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION - it just verifies I am in fact funning the latest version. How do I get rid of that false "vulnerability recommendation?"

This might be simply a bug. I will open myself a bug right now to try to reproduce this issue, thank you for bringing this into attention.

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello, what is the latest version you have installed? Have you tried updating to the latest reader https://get.adobe.com/ro/reader/ ? If you are updating from 11 to 22 for example you have to uninstall the old one.

• bitdefender_old
    edited September 2022

Says I am running 11.0.23 and that their is a new version available.

When I run the "download new version" - it goes through the install process and stops saying I am already running the latest version.

As far as uninstalling Adobe Reader - my list of installed app's doesn't show Adobe Reader.

FWIW - I am have both Adobe Acrobat XI Standard AND Adobe Acfobat DC installed.

I don't want to uninstall either version because my experience with Adobe installs is terrible.  

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello,

it is normal behavior by having the old Acrobat Reader installed. Also Adobe Reader IX prompts for installing the DC one and the DC installer will prompt you to remove the old one. I see this as Function as Designed.