Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Auto-renewal cancellation

Options

It looks like quite a few people are having the same issue. Have tried both method 1 & 2 and neither have worked. Keep waiting for the access link they claim they are going to send and it never comes through. Keep checking both spam & junk files and nothing. Sent an email to cancel auto-renewal with no acknowledgement or confirmation. I refuse to pay full price for renewal on October 30, 2022 when discounted options are available. I have been on the 2checkout website and have also been on bitdefender central (which does not show payment options at the top after clicking on my subscriptions). Please advise.

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• TeeCee95
    TeeCee95
    Answer ✓
    Options

Issue solved

Just use this link and make sure enter your Invoice ID, then the email your ordered the product under. The email is not necessarily your bitdefender login email, as was the case for me, because I ordered under a different email.

This is the link you can use: https://secure.2co.com/myaccount/order_lookup/

Then go to this bitdefender page: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29081/#:~:text=5.,renewal%20of%20your%20Bitdefender%20software

And choose Method 1 for cancelling auto renewal and follow the instructions.

Because I paid through Paypal, none of the advice seemed to work until I entered my Paypal Invoice ID. It also goes by the name of Order ID, when Bitdefender send you an email that the order has gone through. Very confusing indeed. But I finally cancelled the auto-renewal and won't be buying anything from bitdefender again as I don't see them as a trustworthy company to do business with. A little advice to whomever runs bitdefender, be more honest with your customers!

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @Jaycat

I would get a hold of Support directly through Chat. Click on Purchase and manage subscription and go through the prompts until you get to the 3 support options. Chat is the quickest way to get things going. Phone support is not toll-free.

Kind regards,

Scott

edit: and just to confirm, you don't have any options after clicking My Payments then View details tab to the right side, which will load the subscription information, including canceling it?

@Gjoksi you've been through more of these situations than I have, do you have any advice?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thank you, but in all honestly it should not be that complicated to cancel auto-renewal.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

Also, from my personal experience, Method 1 did/does the job.

Finally, you can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription by contacting Customer Support at:

cancel@bitdefender.com

Those are the only two options to cancel the auto-renew of the Bitdefender product.

If those steps didn't cancel the auto-renewal for Bitdefender, you can only wait for a reply from Bitdefender staff.

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Mr C
    Options

I cancel auto renewal every year because its ridiculous if you auto renew you pay twice as much as just buying the same version again as new.

What I notice is even if you cancel auto renewal they turn it back on for you hoping you'll forget and still pay double.

I do not understand why Bitdefender do not award long time users with cheaper offers. All i see are offers to buy a password and VPN service which I do not need. Total Security does exactly what I want but i really hate the treatment of long time users.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Mr C

I already answered your question here:

As for the pop-up notifications, do the following:

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)

3. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"

4. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"

5. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.

Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

or

open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".

Regards.

• TeeCee95
    Options

I've had repeated problems trying to cancel the Auto Renew subscription setting on my account.

Basically it seems to me that the people at Bitdefender are basically scamming customers into paying more for a subscription through autorenewal. I've made numerous attempts to cancel my autorenewal by emailing: cancel@bitdefender.com. and no success.

As for canceling using the Bitdefender Central page, they have removed any way of stopping autorenewal. The Payments tab is no longer visible, so no point trying that approach. Also tried cancellation trough 2Checkout numerous times , and no Activation Link is ever sent to my email.

I will be reporting this company to my bank as fraudulent and try to block future transactions, it seems to be the only way I can stop my card from being charged. My advice is to avoid Bitdefender like the plague and find another antivirus app.