Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Manager not available in Private Window (Firefox 103.0.1)

Options

Hi all,

I've updated to Firefox 103.0.1 and now Password Manager is not available in private windows.

I've attached the settings window and error. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi @Azvr44

Did it work in the previous FF build? It doesn't work in 103.0.1 for me either. Yet, in doing some research, I uninstalled 103.0.1 and installed 102.0.1 and and it did not work in that build.

All setting as were yours, including trying both Default auto updates and On. All permissions were also checked green.

In Chrome Incognito after setting the PM extension to Allow, works great. I don't think this is something where we need to collect BD connectivity log files, as of yet, since we both can duplicate the same issue, but rather to have @Alexandru_BD look into it from his and the engineers end.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks Scott,

I have it working on my firefox at work, which I haven't updated for a while; though I'm not sure of the version. I can have a look on Monday.

Cheers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello,

I was also able to reproduce this behaviour, even though I have allowed the extension to run in private windows during the install:

I am checking this with our engineers.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2022
    Options

Just following up on this topic, the PM is grayed out in the Firefox browser, although it appears as active in Firefox Addons and in the installed Bitdefender product. In other browsers, such as Internet Explorer, it works correctly. This is a known behaviour currently under investigation.

The temporary workaround would be not to use the Password Manager in private mode with Firefox. You can use private mode whenever you don't want your search or browsing history to be saved on the device, as it was intended.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Apparently, this has something to do with a Firefox bug and the Password Manager developers cannot get around it. It's up to Firefox to fix the mechanism involved. It's a blocker for the extension in private mode at this point.

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited October 2022
    Options

I know we are very passionate about the browser we use, I get it :) But maybe until FF allows BD Password Manager in a Private Window, is to use Chrome Incognito, as PM works great with that version.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• BernieK
    Options

Do a search for pros and cons of using incognito mode in chrome.

Yes you might be "hidden" from some websites you visit who have there own trackers, but I think you will find you are exposed to all the google sites 😊

It may delete your browsing data locally so your mother/father/brother/sister/wife/husband cant see it but that doesn't stop the cross site trackers., deleting data when closing down does the same thing.

The one advantage FF has is that it sandboxes websites so blatant cross tracking doesn't work. Because of it's architecture chrome can't do that easily. (I wonder if it was a deliberate decision..surely not for a fine privacy orientated company like google)

• It seems that after a year this issue has not been resolved by BD or FF and now BD is terminating the Wallet service, how am I to use and pay for a none functional Password Manager in Firefox? As BD is forcing the transition to a paid service, at least it should work in all FF modes. Is there a solution to the Add-on not functioning in Private Browsing Mode or do I need to find another Password Manager? Thanks, Sean

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Password manager does not work in private mode in Firefox. It just doesn't work.

By the looks of it, I don't think it's something that can be solved.

Regards

• Hello Alexandru_BD,

Then why can't I continue to use the Wallet that works very well for me and on all my systems?

Thanks, Sean

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @SeanM,

The Wallet has been discontinued to make room for the new Password Manager and this upgrade cannot be undone. There is an incompatibility with the private mode in Firefox and the development teams could not overcome it, at least for now.

Regards