Password Manager On A Shared Total Security Subscription

mdgboxx
mdgboxx ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Password Manager

I have shared one of my 5 licences with my cousin. I also share my VPN with her. My question is:

Could she buy a Password Manager licence without having to buy her own Bitdefender licence?

I use 2 of my Total Security and 3 of my VPN licences. My understanding is, unless I'm wrong, that my Password Manager is a single (one only) licence that cannot be shared.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices and/or your payments/purchases.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Hello @mdgboxx and welcome back to the Community!

Wow, I can see that you've been with us since 2015. 👍️

So, when it comes to the Password Manager, this is a standalone product that can be purchased separately from here. Once active, you can send an installation link to the device you want to protect, and continue from there. Being a standalone product, it is not conditioned by the antivirus, but a Central account is mandatory for license management purposes. As such, you can purchase the Password Manager, redeem the activation code in Central and then send the link to your cousin and they can use that link to install it and get the browser extension. Please note that the Password Manager does not have a multi-user option yet, as this is still under development.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello Alexandru_BD,

If I understand correctly, my cousin can buy a stand alone Password Manager, create an account, without having to buy the BD AV licence.

She would be doing that on her own, without any intervention from me. She would have her own personal Password Manager account with BD.

Is that correct?

• Hi,

That is correct, your cousin may create their own Central account and after purchasing and activating the Password Manager product, they can get the extension for the browsers from Central, under the Password Manager tab.

If their devices are protected by a license active in your Central account, Bitdefender should remain synchronized with your account for antivirus protection.

Regards

• Thank you so much for your fast and accurate responses. Is there any way for me to indicate that my issue/topic is resolved?

• Hi,

Your simple confirmation is enough, it was my pleasure and thank you for getting back to us 🙂

The thread was opened as a "discussion", thus it does not have this option:

Whenever a thread is posted as a question, the author can select "yes/no" when a member replies.

It's all good, enjoy the community!

Regards