Is This File Malicious?

I received an email from my accountant and thought it was legitimate; it was part of a forwarded email chain between us, so someone obviously accessed his email client. In any case, It looked legitimate, as it was part of our email correspondence.

It was a zip file which I unzipped. The file is named-----> IT1.zip

Here is the email content.

I have attached it here. The link above will also take you to the file.

Does someone have the ability to check this file and tell me what it is? I actually unzipped and entered the password. I later became suspicious and emailed the sender; he confirmed that he did not send it.

Any help/info would be great!

EDITED: File and URL removed by @Gjoksi

"Posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community! Do not post direct links to any executable files, malicious/suspicious software or websites in threads, comments or private messages, even if you think the software or site is clean and incorrectly detected by Bitdefender."

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

So, you should report the file(s) and/or URL(s) as false negative to Bitdefender Labs here:

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Additionally, if possible, can you share the virustotal link of the unzipped file by uploading the file on virustotal.com

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)