Bitdefender Total Security giving white screen on Facebook

Since yesterday morning/lunchtime I can't use Facebook on my Windows PC (chrome or edge).

It works if I 'pause protection on this site' which doesn't feel like a good solution. Fixes I had tried were updating Chrome to the latest version and turning off my ad-blocker but it made no difference. Has anyone else had the same problem and resolved it?

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Maybe you have enabled the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker extension in your browsers and that causes the issue.

So, check this article:

Let us know if that solved the issue.

Regards.

• @Gjoksi thanks, that's worked. Odd it was working before?

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please add an exception for "facebook.com" in the antitracker whitelist while we are looking into this.

Thank you.

• Where is the anti-tracker whitelist?

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

In your browser, click on the AntiTracker extension, then, on the upper-right corner press on the gearbox. Then, on the bottom part, you should see something like "Manually add or remove websites below".

• Chiming in, using Chrome with BitDefender Total Security, when attempting to navigate to https://www.facebook.com, the Advertising trackers blocking registers two blocked URLs (below) and the page visibly only partially loads the top bar and is majority blank, no content. Loading the Dev Tools view there is quite a bit of network calls and a bunch of non-visible elements on the page, but something critical is clearly being blocked.

Here is the first part of what is reported as blocked (for what it's worth), leaving off the encoded portion:

static.xx.fbcdn.net2

static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v3itF-4/ye/l/makehaste_jhash/{{long_encoded_name}}.js

Adding facebook.com to the allowed list, as suggested by Cosmin, allows the site to load successfully, but of course it should load with the blockers enabled (maybe this is a calculated move by Facebook to allow them to track?).

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello, an extension update has been pushed to fix this issue (1.4.0.24). For now it is available for firefox and edge (chrome is in pending review). Thank you for your patience.

• Thank you so much @Cosmin P. & @Moldoveanu Marius for helping us out! 🤜🤛

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user