Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Crashed An Important PTC CREO Program, Unable To Restore And Possible False Positive!

Options

Good morning and forgive the inconvenience- Today I start after a few weeks my (expensive) design program, connected to the PTC servers and connected to the official licenses, it has always worked, but today I don't know why it doesn't start. I wanted to call the support, very expensive by the way, but I have done a check, using the PC for decades, I thought of a false positive. Check Bit defender and here I found the problem, blocked and quarantined an important file for the functioning of PTC CREO (see photo). Now as instructions I proceed to restore but it returns me that it cannot, because it does not find the path. And now I'm in trouble, I'm stuck with the program and can't continue. Can you help me manually find the file to restore, or the folder you ate. Look at the path, there are no more folders on my PC. Thank you very much if someone can intervene, I also translate into English and I hope not to say nonsense. Antonio

1 imagine quarantena

2 imagine fail restore

C/User/app data/Roaming I'm sure it existed in roaming I had other things and now it's gone

To all of you, thanks for your help and interested viewing. Antonio

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

You should report the file(s) as false positive to Bitdefender Labs here:

Also, you could do the steps provided below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• leccocun
    Options

Good morning, thank you for the professional and very detailed answer, I have already reported the problem via email, and now I have filled out the form reporting everything again. My fear is that it stopped the Local raw and roaming and they disappeared, so in restoring it does not find the folder to put them back in place. I am stuck with a job, and they urgently ask me to change designs which is impossible and I am desperate. If only I had an indication in some tutorials of where the quarantined files are, I would move them manually but I cannot find them. I will wait but I am afraid that I will have to spend a lot to fix the PC, bit defender did not have to block an expensive program, they should have first of all, the tables of the programs declared official and also expensive and therefore go to avoid them in the projects. On the other hand, this is a Russian roulette, and very risky! A programmer told me that if the locales have been touched and roaming, there is a risk of having to format and it would be huge, even very heavy damage. For now I am stopped and I limit myself only to writing here and the pc is not altered for any reason, waiting for them to resolve. Thank you so much Antonio from Italy

• Gjoksi
    Options

@leccocun

In that case, we need help from a dude named @Alexandru_BD A.K.A. SupermanAlex, because he can prioritize your ticket or even fordward the ticket to Tier 2 or Tier 3.

Wait for his response, since there is nothing much that can be done here on the forum.

Kind regards.

• leccocun
    Options

Thank you very much, I await news and we hope. They phoned me now about the drawing problem, and I managed to move it to next week, hoping it will be back up and running PTC CREO elements 19, hopefully. You are a good professional and a good person, I wish you the best. Antonio

• leccocun
    Options

Hello, I still have no news and I'm still blocked, the support is contacted, I wrote here but I'm still stuck and I'm getting into serious trouble if I don't unlock my 3D program.

Thank you very much!

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Alexandru_BD @Mike_BD Kindly check on this. Thanks.

• Marius G.
    Marius G. QA Engineer BD Staff
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @leccocun ,

The quarantined item is a shortcut to start the program from the start menu. Can you post a screenshot from the events menu, with the detection message? What we require is the message that contains "Detection ID: ...".

Regarding the software itself, are you able to run it from its install location? If not, what happens when you try to run it? Does it crash? Do you see any message on your screen?

• leccocun
    Options

Hello, here I don't see anything to open, I don't understand!

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

There is nothing to open.

I just tagged Alex and Mike, so they can pay attention on your post and comment. Just a little reminder for them on your issue.

Best regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @leccocun,

I have located your open tickets and asked our engineers to prioritize the request. They will provide a response as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user