Bitdefender Firewall Alert Mode Disabled By Itself. Any Suggestions?

And i literally watch the ALERT mode slider move itself to disabled.

This is unacceptable as I need to know what outgoing comms are taking place.

Please fix this or I will be asking for a refund.

Further more i renewed my sub for 37.98 CAD , then after i log into Bitdefender i get an offer to renew the sub for 28$ CAD. ?!!? What kind of practice is this?

The last step I am taking is to reinstall this windows 11 system from scratch, then bitdefender and if the issue continues I would like a refund.

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Negligence,

This is indeed a known issue, however, this Alert Mode behaviour is not encountered by all users. The fix will be implemented with an automated update. We don't have an ETA yet, but I know it's in development.

In regards to the offer you have received, is it in Central or in-product? There were a few recent ongoing campaigns such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. More information regarding this can be obtained from our commercial representatives. You may get in touch with them using the link provided by @Gjoksi above.

We cannot issue refunds nor advise on such discounts on the forum.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Negligence,

Indeed, that seems odd. See if a fresh reinstall solves this issue. If the behaviour persists, the engineers can share more insight regarding the status of the investigation and perhaps recommend a workaround as well.

During my tests, the Alert Mode feature did not have a mind of its own 😅

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

The Alert mode feature in Firewall works fine for me.

Before system restart:

After system restart:

Maybe it is a bug in Bitdefender program that causes the Alert mode disables by itself on Windows 11.

So, do the steps below.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

As for the renewal question, wait for a response from @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD, as they both work for Bitdefender.

Finally, you may obtain a refund by contacting:

refunds@bitdefender.com

within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date.

Regards.

• I'm going to try a complete system re install, and re partition.

I do notice if EAC ( Easy Anti Cheat ) software loads then it will slide the ALERT slider to disabled automatically.

Very odd.