Can I Continue The Subscription For BD Antivirus Plus, But Without The VPN?

Emauss
edited December 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

I just cancelled my auto renew subscriptipn to antivirus plus with VPN. I use ExpressVPN as it fits my needs much better. I want to continue with antivirus plus, but without the VPN. If I buy it today, can it be start at the end of my current subscription ?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices and/or your payments/purchases.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't address the question I asked. That is unless you are telling me in some round about way that you don't and cannot know the answer and I must contact customer support directly. Is that what you are saying? That you don't know if I can add a different version of Bitdefender to the end of an existing contract?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hello.

I told you to contact Bitdefender suporrt because your statement "antivirus plus with VPN" doesn't make any sense.

The Bitdefender Premium VPN is NOT included in the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus subscription, as it is sold as separate application.

But, Bitdefender VPN FREE is included in your Antivirus Plus program, which is limited to 200 MB per day.

So, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and Bitdefender Premium VPN are two different products and therefore it takes two different subscriptions for them to activate.

You can renew/buy Bitdefender Antivirus Plus without Bitdefender Premium VPN and renew/buy Bitdefender Premium VPN without Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.

Finally, Bitdefender Premium VPN is part of Bitdefender Ultimate Security and Bitdefender Premium Security subscriptions.

That is the reason why i aksed you to contact support, since i don't work for Bitdefender and don't have an access to your Bitdefender Central account and payments/purchases.

Regards.

• My subscription was for Bitdefender Plus AND premium VPN for a (discounted) renewal cost of $29.99, I can but ONLY the antivirus plus for under $20.00, Since I use ExpressVPN I have no need for the one offered by Bitdefender, but there was no way to separate the two Bitdefender items on my subscription. So I cancelled.

My current version (with VPN) has not expired. I want to purchase Antivirus Plus (with no VPN) and have it take affect at the end of my current subscription.

My questions was and is: CAN THIS BE DONE?

• Hello @Emauss and welcome to the Community!

I will do my best to help you out here. The short answer is yes, it can be done and I shall elaborate below.

After checking your order history, I have noticed that you have initially purchased Antivirus Plus and Premium VPN in the same order, as a bundle back in 2018. The automatic renewal feature of the Premium VPN service is disabled, thus it will no longer be renewed automatically. The products can also be purchased separately, it is not mandatory to include the Premium VPN in your shopping cart, whenever you wish to renew your antivirus manually.

When purchasing Bitdefender, your subscription automatically begins at the purchase date, regardless of the Central activation timestamp. As you have a Bitdefender Antivirus Plus solution for up to 3 devices, you can purchase the same product with a new order and redeem the activation code received after the purchase, in Central. This will extend the current validity of your antivirus, whithout losing any remaining validity. So you don't have to wait until the current license expires to renew. As your antivirus license is valid until December 20, you can extend anytime before this date or on the actual expiration date, but please keep in mind that the code must be redeemed in Central on the date of purchase, so that it doesn't loose any validity.

In regards to the VPN, the standard version is included by default in your Bitdefender product on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It offers 200 MB daily traffic per device. Premium VPN is a separate subscription from the basic version included in the home user solutions.

I hope the information is helpful and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user