Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Mobile Security The Build-In VPN Is Not Connecting. Any Help?

Krat0s_37
Krat0s_37
edited November 2022 in VPN

A few days ago everything was working fine but now when i try to connect to vpn on mobile security it tries to connect for like a few seconds then it goes off again. It never actually goes on it only tries. Any help should be nice thank u.

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

I understand. I think you should ask our engineers to have a closer look at this, because although there has been a recent connectivity issue with the VPN, it should connect properly now after reinstalling. More information is required to further investigate, as the behaviour you are experiencing might be caused by something else.

Kindly head to the link below and choose the desired contact channel to get in touch with the support teams, so they can gather more details and get to the bottom of this:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Krat0s_37

Totally agree with you. The issue still persists on my Samsung Galaxy A22 5G mobile phone.

@Alexandru_BD

Just to remind you that the issue is caused on the built-in VPN as part of BD Mobile Security for Android, and not the dedicated Bitdefender Premium VPN for Android app.

Regards.

• Krat0s_37
    Krat0s_37
    Answer ✓

@Alexandru_BD i can confirm VPN in the build-In bitdender app is working again how it should. Two days ago i had an update on the appstore its all working again thank u.

• Gjoksi
    Answer ✓

@Krat0s_37 @Alexandru_BD

Confirmed.

Just upgraded to the latest version 3.3.195.2164 and the build-in VPN works again.

Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy A22 5G.

Thanks to Bitdefender staff.

Regards.

Answers

• Gjoksi

Hello.

After checking on my phone, must say that you are right, there is a problem with the VPN module:

You should contact Bitdefender Mobile Support by e-mail:

bms@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• Its probably a problem on there end hopefully they fix this soon.

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

Mate, please take a look here.

@Krat0s_37

I suspect this is happening after the latest build of BMS.

Regards.

• Hello,

Kindly be advised that there was indeed an outage reported by VPN users recently and this has been resolved today by the development teams. Please restart your system, open the VPN and try to establish a new connection.

You may also try to connect to multiple servers to see if the problem persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• VPN is still not working already restarted the phone hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• Hi @Krat0s_37,

Have you tried to reinstall the app as well?

Regards

• Yes no avail, the app itself bitdefender vpn on mobile is working as intended but bit defender mobile security is still not working with the vpn.

• @Alexandru_BD i think its still a latest software bug from the mobile bitdefender app itself i am using a samsung galaxy s21 myself. It worked fine before the latest update from bitdefender mobile security.

• My friend got an s10 same problem my sister got an s9 also same problem after latest update from the playstore.

• Hi,

Please download the standalone Bitdefender VPN app from the playstore and try to establish a connection. If this is an issue with the build-in VPN from Mobile Security, the VPN app should work.

Regards

• Yep the new VPN does work but drops connection regularly on a daily basis so there's a problem here too. It's becoming annoying having to connect many times during the day, the older VPN used to have no issues for months but as previous comments it won't connect at all.

• Hello @Pogie,

Just following up on this, can you tell us if the issue persists and what steps have you already applied in your attempts to correct this?

Thank you

• Its still not working for me in the the app of bitdefender mobile security. But it does work on the standalone vpn app from bitdefender. Hopefully an update will roll out soon to fix the problem on the main app.

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

Tested it on my phone, and like @Krat0s_37 alrady said the app is still not working.

I uninstalled BMS on my phone, used CCleaner for Andoid to clean the Bitdefender leftovers, installed in via Googe Play, but the built-in VPN still does not connect.

And this pop-up came when i clicked on the VPN section in BMS:

Regards.

• Hi @Gjoksi,

There is indeed an issue on Android. The developers are troubleshooting this as we speak.

The message received is accurate, the VPN will fully transition to the dedicated app in the upcoming months. This may happen gradually and it's a step forward for the VPN, as it will help expand availability and future development.

Cheers

• I think I may have a fix !!

On settings - network & internet - VPN - it was showing Bitdefender VPN and Bitdefender Security. I tapped the cog wheel on Bitdefender Security and selected forget VPN. So now only one VPN is listed and that is Bitdefender VPN so I ticked always on and so far all seems good. Maybe this will help in your fix ?

Regards Roger

• Hello @Pogie and thank you for sharing your findings with us.

This is very useful indeed. Apart from the built-in VPN issue that our teams could not yet reproduce entirely, the standalone version should work as expected. However, there is an ongoing investigation on Android.

Regards

• Krat0s_37
    Krat0s_37
    edited January 2023

@Alexandru_BD small update from my side: The build in vpn is still not working up till this day :(

• @Krat0s_37 kindly get in touch with our Support Teams, as more information is required for an efficient diagnosis:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• @Alexandru_BD its on all galaxy phones here in our house. So it might be related to the build-in vpn itself.

• Gjoksi

@Krat0s_37 @Alexandru_BD

Just upgraded to the latest version 3.3.194.2161 and issue still persists, the build-in VPN does not connect.

Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy A22 5G.

Regards.

• @Gjoksi yeah same here i hope they get it fixed soon not sure if its related to android. Any apple phone users here still got this problem ?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023

Hello,

This is indeed a known issue on Android. The VPN engineering unit is getting close to a fix for this. I haven't seen any similar reports on iOS yet. I think the issue manifests itself on Android only.

Thank you for your feedback and patience, we'll get to the bottom of this soon.

Regards

• This has been fixed indeed. If anyone still encounters this behaviour, kindly let us know and post your findings on the thread.

Cheers