Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unauthorized app attempted to access your backups

Options

I receive this message several times a day and would like to know how to resolve the issue. The rest of the message is:

App:/System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/backupd

We blocked the app to prevent it from altering the content of your backups.

I am currently running MacOS Monterey 12.5.1

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

This is a known issue and has been discussed here in the last 2 or 3 days.

On the same issue, check out this comment:

Regards.

• Is there a resolution?

• I'm having the same issue and the same message. Time Machine hasn't been able to back up to my Seagate external drive. Help!

• End of August when I upgraded macOS to 12.5.1 Time Machine backups stopped working with the Bitdefender message:

Une application non autorisée a tenté d'accéder à vos sauvegardes.Application : /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/backupd

Bitdefender Armor version : 8.4.0.36. I try to get a new version from Netgear Armor, but it's apparently the latest one !!

Recently, Apple released macOS 12.6 ! I installer that new version, but the problem with Time Machine backups remains !!

Now, if you look at the error message, you can ses that the backup has been created onto an macOS extended formatted disk. So I decided to test Time Machine backups on an APFS disk, and, believe it or not, it works perfectly !!!

• What app is altering content and how do I resolve this?

• The problem continues. Several times a day I get a pop-up message:

An unauthorized app attempted to access your backups.

App: /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/backupd

Timemachine has not been able to back up to my Seagate Backup Plus portable drive.

This issue has been going on for over a month and needs to be resolved by Bitdefender.

• To Lubax,

Can I reformat my Seagate Backup Plus for Mac to an APFS disk? If so how do I do that? I'm running macOS Big Sur version 11.6.8 on a mid 2014 MacBook Pro.

• Jaap
    Options

When can we expect an update?

• I'm running into exactly the same issue. "Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac" is blocking Time Machine backup. I believe this is a Bitdefender's call to catch up with the latest macos behavior.

I run "macOS Monterey ver. 12.6"... update wanted!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

An unauthorized app attempted to access your backups.

App: /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/backupd

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

This is still ongoing and the devs are pushing for a fix.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same issue and have not been able to backup my MacBook Pro for four months. I hope the developers fix this soon. I just updated my MacBook to MacOS 13.01 Ventura, but had the same issue on Monterey.

• I'm since the beginning of September trying to get a solution for this topic, but they are still trying to fix this...... wonder why this is taking so long.

• No idea, but I’m done with netgear and bitdefender. Way too many troubles with QOS completely shutting down other connections, not allowing available ISP bandwidth, and now the integrated security software breaks my backups. Too much headache.