Bdservicehost CPU And Memory Issues. Any Help?

Hello,

For the first time since I bought your package of protections, I feel there was something vampirising my system.

And I found out that it comes from this loaded file. Unable to stop the service itself, at the start of my computer it takes more than 400Mb but then now after 10 min, it takes 750Mb, and when I was surfing before it goes up to 4300Mb in memory. This is crazy.

I feel there is an issue, intrusion or something else on your antivirus and it's directly connected to chrome because that webbrowser started to freeze, unable to close it, or windows asking if I want to stop it or wait.

Can you please send something to the dev, to find the zero day issue or what ever it is ?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hello.

A few months ago, there was a known issue where multiple users reported high CPU, RAM and/or disk usage by "bdservicehost" and it was fixed with Bitdefender build 26.0.23.80.

✔️Fixed: Bitdefender reads hard disks at certain intervals. This will also fix any high CPU usage scenarios by Bdservicehost

Anyway, do the steps below.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Finally, write your ticket number here and wait for a reply from @Alexandru_BD (he works for Bitdefender), because he can prioritize your ticket or even fordward the ticket to Tier 2 or Tier 3.

Just wait for his response, since there is nothing much that can be done here on the forum.

Kind regards.

• FrootLoops
    edited December 2022

My version is much more higher.

Version 26.0.32.109

I think you still have an issue and it's not good, really not.

My computer has a SSD, I wont allow your security tool to continuously doing read&write or whatever he does if not necessary.

Why uninstall and install is the only way you are proposing? Are we not going to lose all the important file to understand what's happening?

Btw, how suspicious would you find it when you notice that the file bdservicehost goes back to normal when you start the support tool?

• Hi @FrootLoops and welcome to the Community!

We haven't seen new reports for this behaviour since the build 26.0.23.80 was launched, however, you should get in touch with the Support engineers to provide some logs from the device, otherwise we can't know for sure what's happening there and we won't be able to resolve this on the forum.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user