Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender toolbar is not compatible with Thunderbird

Options

The Bitdefender (26.0.12.56) Anti-spam toolbar added to Thunderbird [91.6.2 (32-bit)] isn't functional. Settings, Spammers and Friends buttons work; the others are not selectable.

Windows 10 Pro (19044.1526)

This seems to be an ongoing issue. Is there a timeframe for resolution?

Comments

• I installed Bitdefender two days ago and since then none of the buttons added by BD to Thunderbird, other than Settings, have worked.

I wouldn't mind so much if the buttons didn't work if I could make them disappear. Instead, useless buttons are taking up space on my screen.

It is disappointing to find that an issue reported long ago (see below) is still not resolved. This doesn't inspire confidence.

Reported October 2020 at community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/83261/anti-spam-toolbar-disabled-in-thunderbird

• MartinZ
    Options

I have the same problem. Only the Spammers and Friends buttons work. The other buttons are not clickable. I uninstalled the toolbar and added it back via C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\bdthunderbird78@bitdefender.com.xpi but that didn't help.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MartinZ,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• justfiona
    Options

I contacted support about this and they said they are hoping it will be fixed with the next update, and they will credit my account from the time I reported it, until it is fixed. I suggest you contact support so that you at least get credited. It's annoying - the buttons are so obtrusive.

• BDAlexS
    Options

I've had bitdefender for what? 8 years, it's never worked with Thunderbird.

They've never fixed it, and I suspect they won't.

False advertising.

• Hello, I noticed that in Thunderbird (latest version) the Bitdefender spam toolbar still only has 3 functioning (clickable) buttons: 'settings', 'spammers', and 'friends'. The other buttons are greyed out: 'is spam', 'is not spam', 'add spammer' and 'add friend'.

Any other users using Thunderbird seeing the same thing?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

The toolbar only works on POP email protocol. If you are using IMAP for example, it won't have all the features available. If the Antispam toolbar is not compatible with your e-mail client, as long as you are using the default protocols and port numbers for the account settings (POP3, port 110 for incoming server; SMTP, port 25 for outgoing server), the e-mail traffic will still be scanned for SPAM and malware.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user