VPN on Google Chromecast

I installed bitdefender on my google chromecast and it is asking me to enter my activation code however I cannot find my activation code anywhere. I want to utilize my current subscription so how to obtain an activation code?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hello @EnT and welcome to the Community!

After checking your account, I have noticed you have a total of 10 devices assigned to the Premium VPN subscription. If you are trying to use the VPN with an 11th device, you will get this message in return, because the Premium VPN allows up to 10 connections. The traffic is unlimited, but there is a device limitation.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• unable to cast on chromecast works fine on internet

• Hello @Les Sugarpool123,

This is a very good observation.

Can you test the following, please:

Enable the hotspot on a mobile device and connect the Chromecast to this hotspot. Then, enable a VPN connection on the mobile device and tell me if you are able to cast this way.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

• EFlorin
    EFlorin Master Degree

Hi guys.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

I am also not managing to cast from my device on the TV, when the device has the VPN on.

Thanks

Florin

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am a VPN premium user. VPN on other 9 devices work well, but the one I installed on Chrome Cast TV shows that I am not a premium user despite logging in by the same account. Can you help me to fix this?

• Hello @Tung Duong,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex