I have a RTX 4090 and an AMD 5950 with 64gb of ram á 4000mhz.
A lof of threads are popping up regarding this subject.
Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/
Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/
Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/
Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at [email protected]
The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.
OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)
Hello @karleks & @jordan321 and thank you for sharing this insight with us.
When checking the reddit thread, I have noticed that some users mentioned uninstalling the antivirus seems to have solved the issue, thus if this is indeed happening in conjuction with Bitdefender, we would have to find out which security module is affecting the performance of the game. The first step would be to temporarily disable the security modules in Bitdefender one by one and resume playing after each deactivation, to see if the behaviour of the game improves. The steps to take can be found in the article below, but I also recommend contacting our Support engineers for a more detailed investigation, because they must be aware of this asap, since it seems to affect multiple users. I will leave the contact link below as well.
There are 3 available contact channels to choose from. The faster we get this feedback to our engineers, the better.
Let us know how it goes.
Thank you for the responses. I've sent an e-mail to the support using the contact page. The problem seems to lie with the Advanced Threat Defense component.
Feel free too pass it along to the bitdefender team. @Alexandru_BD
Thank you for sharing your findings, I have passed the information to our teams and we're looking into it.
Your ticket was also located and the engineers will get back to you there. I will also update this thread as soon as I receive news and please feel free to share the feedback received from the Support engineers here as well, so we may help others.
Thank you. For now I've added the executable files to exceptions under ATD and this seems to solve the problem for now
That sounds like a good workaround for now 👍️
@karleks we have internal reproduction and a task has been raised for our developers to further investigate. I confirm adding .exe exceptions for ATD will do the trick, but we still need a permanent fix for this.
If anyone has a reddit account and can share the news & workaround with the affected users there, it is much appreciated.
Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention, your insight is very helpful! 🙏
I've done as much on several threads.
Thank you for escalating the issue.
Simply turning off "ADVANCED THREAT DETECTION" solved it. You can easily reproduce this with the inbuilt benchmark. 👍️
As was also just confirmed by this member from the below thread.
All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/
UPDATE: This is fixed since last evening, confirmed for Call of Duty and Wildhearts.
May I kindly ask everyone to test the games with ATD enabled and let us know your findings?
Was the fix released through regular updates or new build version of Bitdefender?
Same thing I was wondering. And if they needed to do a right-click update to make sure they get it sooner.
A signature update was pushed yesterday evening. But a right-click update won't hurt.
Since last week I started having issues with CoD MW2 loading to black screen before crashing. I have spent considerable time bouncing between Battle.net and Activision support. I have been re-loading drivers and reinstalling Windows. I found this thread only after Bitdefender was not reloaded with a Windows repair. Neither a product update nor registering the executables as threat exceptions resolves the issue. Whatever was pushed is not working for me - if I disable Advanced Threat Defense everything works fine. If there is a bug how about broadcasting the same way EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE COMPANY DOES.
Have you tried setting exclusion in Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense as per the procedure stated in below stated link
If issue persists,
In my post I stated that I set exceptions for COD executables. Likely look for different antivirus until this is sorted. Got other stuff to do.