Bitdefender VPN Requires Subscription. Any Help?

Markoh
Markoh
edited March 2023 in VPN

I have bitdefender security subscription and trying to use the VPN app.

Every time I try to select a country it wants me to take out a subscription.

I cannot work out how to sync the 2 apps.

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Markoh,

I will try to provide more clarity regarding your subscription. The standard VPN version is included by default in your Bitdefender product. It offers 200 MB daily traffic per device and automatically connects you to the optimal server, without having the possibility to change it. You can purchase the Premium VPN subscription to get unlimited traffic and the option to connect to any available server. The benefits of the Premium version will get unlocked once you activate the subscription. After checking your account, I have noticed you did have a Premium VPN trial previously, however, it expired on 2023/03/17.

To conclude, you only need an additional Premium VPN subscription if you wish to select the desired server and have unlimited traffic. Otherwise, the basic VPN will do the job nicely if you only require an encrypted connection occassionaly, when connecting to public wireless networks, or want to hide your IP address and keep your personal data private, for example. I think the basic included version is not really recommended for streaming purposes or for accessing content that is normally restricted in specific areas, as you will need the feature to select the desired server for this and may also require unlimited traffic.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

Hi @Markoh

Try going to your MY Account from the left-hand side, then Switch Account. Log in with your email address you used to create your Central account, as well as your password, and see if that syncs your account with your subscription.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Markoh
    Markoh
    edited March 2023

Is that in bitdefender or the vpn app?

Either way, I can't see that option.

I'm getting incredibly frustrated with what should be a really simple function.

But thanks for the pointer, appreciated. :-)

• Scott
    edited March 2023

Hi again @Markoh

It's from the VPN app itself, when you launch it from the Bitdefender Dashboard or from the system tray icon.

Are you using the Windows version, or for a different device, OS?

I upgraded you to level 2 in case you wanted to post an image of what you're seeing, or possibly not seeing from your end.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Unlimited VPN traffic (also known as Bitdefender Premium VPN) is included in Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY and Bitdefender PREMIUM SECURITY, without any extra cost.

Limited VPN traffic - 200 MB per day (also known as Bitdefender VPN) is included in Bitdefender FAMILY PACK, Bitdefender TOTAL SECURITY, Bitdefender INTERNET SECURITY, Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS, Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS FOR MAC and Bitdefender MOBILE SECURITY FOR ANDROID/iOS, without any extra cost.

Also, you can purchase Bitdefender Premium VPN from Bitdefender WorldWide (global) website:

or from one of the others Bitdefender websites listed here:

Regards.

• Scott

@Gjoksi thank you for that follow-up information, as I misread and was thinking Markoh had the VPN subscription, but it only sounds like the security subscription.

• Hi Scott

Do I understand correctly, I need to have a subscription for bitdefender and bitdefender?

Two subscriptions?

• Hi Gjoksi

Not sure if I'm explain this well enough.

I have bitdefender security.

When I open it, at the bottom of the screen there are 5 symbols, the one on the far right is 3 dots in a triangle.

When I tap it I get a dropdown menu, the top choice is vpn.

The server location defaults to automatic.

When I open the app I get an option to choose the location country. Picking a country asks me to upgrade to Premium vpn.

So I need 2 subscriptions, bitdefender security and bitdefender vpn?