Firewall Alert Mode "Weird Behavior". Any Help?

hello

does anyone know why alert mode keeps popping and asking to allow/blocked even after giving access or blocking to that specific .exe ?

it just keeps asking about the same .exe over and over..

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Meher and welcome to the Community!

If you have allowed a certain application to connect to the internet using a certain connection type through the Alert Mode prompt, a rule will be permanently created in the Firewall Rules and the notification pop-up won't appear anymore.

I would recommend a clean re-install. Uninstall the current product with the uninstall tool and re-install from Central. Then check if issue persists. If this does not solve the situation, it might be necessary for the engineers to have a closer look.

You can get in touch with our Support Teams for a more in-depth investigation by choosing one of the available contact methods at the link below:

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• This is happening to me fairly often as well.

Seems to happen (at least this time) with temporary exe install files where when you have stepped away from the computer and an update happens. The temporary install file tries to access the internet and it can't, so it gives up after a while. BitDefender keeps trying to block it, but it doesn't exist any more and it seems to go in a loop. I can only stop it by restarting the computer from what I can tell.

It is currently happening to me with a file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\Updates\16.0.16130.20306 which no longer exists. but no matter what I do I can't clear this dialog box.

• Hello @Microfiche,

Are you experiencing this behavior by any chance?

Alert Mode means that the Firewall is on alert regarding any internet access with or without the rule.

However, the notification should allow dismissal and the mechanism is currently being investigated. You can temporarily disable Alert Mode and the notifications will no longer be shown.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user