RENEWAL AND CHARGING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTIFICATION

I don't ever remember anywhere that I authorized BITDEFENDER to auto renew my account and charge my PAYPAL account without notifing me. I tried to call and waited on hold for hours. Left my number as the robotic message said that they would call me back and they never have. I am not finished with this matter because it is so wrong.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Share the your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Also @evbill your Subscription/Auto-renewal can be canceled by following the steps from this article.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 2023

Hello @evbill and welcome to the Community!

To add to the solutions provided by our members above, I think you also deserve an explanation for this automatic billing.

The Bitdefender security solutions come with an automatic renewal feature that allows you to conveniently retain your protection when your Bitdefender subscription expires, without having to go through all the motions of manually renewing your cybersecurity solution. You will be notified via email, before the actual renewal takes place. 

The renewal notification will provide you with all the details about automatic renewal, including a link for easy cancellation of the service. If the auto renewal option remains active, your Bitdefender subscription will be automatically extended and this will keep your defenses activated without interruption for all devices covered by your current subscription.

Please keep in mind that, whether you want to activate the renewal option or disable it, you can do it anytime. 

You can cancel the automatic charges for your subscription by logging in to your Bitdefender Account and disable automatic renewal, or by contacting Customer Support at: cancel@bitdefender.com

If you have agreed to permit Bitdefender to automatically renew your subscription by charging a valid credit card number which you have provided to Bitdefender at your initial purchase, your subscription will be automatically renewed prior to the expiration of the term and each anniversary thereafter, for a fee no greater than Bitdefender's then-current price, excluding promotional and discount pricing.

The automatic renewal pricing is not linked to ongoing offers, discounts and promotions available at our official website or at different points of sale throughout our Partner Network and for this reason we are trying to offer our customers the opportunity to manually renew at favorable prices during the subscription period.

The price at which the auto-renewal is applied can be seen in automatic notifications, so that any customer can request either the deactivation of the option, or a more advantageous offer.

Should you have any questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Teams using either the email address provided above, or the following link:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user