Problem with reduced internet speed after installing Bitdefender Antivirus Plus

Dear Support Team,

I am writing to you because I have a problem with my internet speed. I have a 1 Gb/s plan, but ever since I installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus on my computer, I noticed that my internet speed has dropped significantly. I ran some speed tests and they showed that I only get around 600 Mb/s on average.

I am wondering if there is any compatibility issue between Bitdefender and my internet provider, or if there is any setting that I need to change to fix this problem. I am very satisfied with Bitdefender's protection features, but I also need to have a fast and reliable internet connection for my work and personal use.

Could you please look into this issue and advise me on what to do? I appreciate your help and prompt response.

Sincerely,

PartosCZ

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

If the issue still persists, just follow the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hi,

thank you for any kind of information. My main issue right now is with contacting support. I cannot create service requests and send them log files with screenshots. As many browsers as I can, I use them in any kind of mode but same issue with looping during sending requests.

I don´t know how to process that.

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Try the other workaround and see if it helps

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thank you for support contact email.

I will wait for their response.

Regards