Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contactingβ€―Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why is Bitdefender not updating regularly.?

Options

I have set my Bitdefender Total Security to update on hourly interval. But I have noticed that it was not updating regularly. So I am doing it manually. Need solution.

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hello.

Open Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and see if option "Activate profiles automatically" or any of the profiles (Work, Movie, Game, Public Wi-Fi or Battery Mode) is switched on / enabled.

When Work profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 8 (eight) hours.

When Movie profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 8 (eight) hours.

When Game profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 12 (twelve) hours.

When Public Wi-Fi profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 1 (one) hour.

When Battery Mode profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 1 (one) hour.

So, if you want to set the update check interval in Settings -> Update -> Update check interval by yourself, first you must switch off the option "Activate profiles automatically" and/or any of the profiles (Work, Movie, Game, Public Wi-Fi or Battery Mode).

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer βœ“
    Options

What this man said πŸ”

Whenever the Profiles are enabled, the update preferences are replaced by the default settings of the profiles and this includes the update frequency. My update settings look like this and I have never set it to update hourly:

You can also check for updates from time to time by right-clicking on the Bitdefender systray icon:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer βœ“
    Options

One reason maybe that the unavailability of signatures also due to which even if you manually update or if bitdefender is set to automatically update it will still return as update complete. You cannot expect that malware signatures will be available to you every hour. It depends on the malware researchers how often they create signature and process it for update.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Just out of curiosity @Alexandru_BD, why did you set it to update every 24 hours, i.e. 1 day? And what is the advantage of that?

Thanks πŸ˜—πŸ˜‰

• S LATIF
    Options

Thanks to all the friends who promptly replied to my query and it solved the problem for me.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well, I just kept the default interval for this, as I don't really need to push for updates, I'm usually up to date with product releases and I know when they are about to be deployed πŸ˜„ But the actual purpose of this setting is to be able to use less internet if you have a limited network connection, since the update will require a stable connection. So, whenever the network usage is limited, this setting helps avoid unnecessary consumption.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Hmm.. interesting πŸ˜— In this case, I understand that it's something specific to you, but anyway it's always good to consume less resources, be it internet bandwidth or CPU/Memory.

Always learning and helping here in the community πŸ™‚ thanks for the info @Alexandru_BD!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mannubahti95

Hello.

Yes, that is correct.

Regards.