Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I merge my subscription on my old computer?

Options

I have a desktop computer whose Bitdefender subscription is scheduled to expire in 18 days. I recently bought a new laptop and received a three-year Bitdefender subscription with it. Both devices are on the same Bitdefender account. My laptop now shows that its Bitdefender subscription expires in 1109 days, but my old desktop is still showing that its subscription ends in 18 days. What do I need to do so that the desktop's old subscription will merge with the three-year renewal?

Thank you.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

On your old desktop, follow the steps from this article:

Regards.

• TechDummy
    Options

I tried what you suggested, but after following those steps my old desktop is still showing that only 14 days are remaining on its subscription. As far as I'm aware, I've only ever had one Bitdefender Central account, because I use the same email address and password to access the account for the desktop as for the laptop. But it almost seems as though the single account has somehow separated into two separate accounts. Here are the full details: When I bought the laptop in November and tried to activate the new subscription, I could see two subscriptions showing up in the Central account -- one that expires on Dec. 18, 2023 and one that expires in 2026. The Central account was showing both the laptop and the desktop, and at that point it was showing that both devices were protected only until Dec. 18, 2023. I phoned Bitdefender to ask whether I needed to install something to activate the new subscription, but the representative said no, the new subscription would automatically replace the old one in December. Although I wasn't entirely confident about his answer, I decided to leave things alone for a while. A week or two later, because of a problem I was having with Safepay, I had to uninstall Bitdefender from the laptop and reinstall it. Since then, is has seemed that my Central account somehow divided into two parts, if such a thing is possible. When I click on the Bitdefender "account" icon on my laptop, the account shows only the laptop, with protection lasting for another 1105 days. When I click on the "account" icon on my desktop, the account shows only the desktop, with the protection lasting for only 14 more days. And yet I use only a single email address and password to access Bitdefender Central for both "accounts"!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• TechDummy
    TechDummy
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you, Gjoksi. I contacted Bitdefender, and they told me how to transfer my old desktop to the new subscription by signing in to Bitdefender Central, clicking on "My Subscriptions" from the drop-down menu on the left, clicking on "Manage Device Allocation" under the expiring subscription, and following through with the final steps. In other words, it turned out that I just needed to follow the steps outlined in this Bitdefender document:

Thanks for your help.