Bitdefender found a FrameMaker file infected

Hi,

I have Bitdefender licensed. I am using Adobe FrameMaker with a monthly subscription. I am running a desktop computer with Windows 11.

Recently, Bitdefender informed me of an infected file related to the FrameMaker application. See the attached screenshot.

Now, this is odd considering that all Adobe applications are licensed and not pirated from unsafe websites.

So far, the Adobe FrameMaker is working but I am puzzled. No applications are pirated. My kid only installed under my supervision three games: World of Warships, Valorant, and Genshin Impact. However, these games were installed after Bitdefender found the infected file.

Any ideas are welcome.

Sebastian

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,

I suspect a false positive as well, but then again, you never know. As Gjoksi wrote, it's best to report this detection to the Bitdefender Labs and see what they can find. If it's a false alarm, the security researchers will correct it within a few hours.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• You can also check the file on virustotal to check if other vendors are detecting the file as malicious or not. Being adobe file, it will be a false positive.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thank you all for your support. The file is sent to Bitdefender labs for checking.

• It appears that tech support from Adobe FrameMaker suggested a false positive scan as well. I look forward to see what Bitdefender labs will say.

Thank you very much.

Sebastian