Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Manager in Bitdefender Premium Security

Options

I am reluctant to use the Password Manager partly because I have two or more profiles in Chrome, each of which has its own passwords and I think I read in the details of Premium Security vs Ultimate Security while I was trying to decide whether to upgrade to Ultimate Security rather than renew my Premium Security that the Password Manager only worked for one profile, and I have more than one profile.

To add to my concerns, every time I open Chrome in my wife's profile I get a message as if her profile had chosen to use Password Manager asking her to choose a Master Password and so forth.

Since she (or I) have never chosen to add Profile Manager this distresses me and I always just close that browser window and just deal with her Gmail messages.

How can I stop this browser window on her Chrome Profile from opening every time she logs on to her Gmail Account?

If I were to choose to use Password Manager, is it accurate that it only works for one email address ... and if that is so ... whether I choose to use it or not, how can I stop Password Manager from opening a window on my wife's account only when she has never selected to use Password Manager every time she logs on to her Gmail account? This never happens when I log on to my Gmail Account, only on her account.

As far as possibly using Password Manager, how can I be sure that I won't be locked out of everything if Password Manager were to malfunction, and then I wouldn't know any of the passwords except for the Master Password I would have created?

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @biyahero,

You must disable the Password Manager extension when entering another chrome profile.

It's also necessary to remember the master password and recovery keys, this is a concern for any password manager. You can keep them in an archive with a different password.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello Alex,

I did remove the Password Manager extension from my wife's profile in Chrome and the Password Manager page asking her to set a Master Password and Recovery Key no longer appears when logging on to her profile.

So am I correct that since the Password Manager only functions with one user, the Chrome Password Manager extension can be installed on my profile and it will only work with my profile?

How about if I sometimes use Safari? Will Password Manager also work for my email address if I am using Safari or it will only work when I am using Chrome?

If it only works with Chrome (based on it using a Chrome extension) then it would seem I wouldn't know the passwords for any site when using Safari since Password Manager would have changed them for all sites while I was using Chrome!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @biyahero,

Password Manager is a multiplatform service that auto-saves, auto-fills, automatically generates, and manages your passwords for all websites and online services with the help of a single Master Password. It comes as a browser extension for Windows and macOS. It supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. It’s also available as a mobile app for Android and iOS.

In Central, under the Password Manager tab you will notice that you can download the browser extension for Safari as well. Here's an article that explains how the install works:

Yes, in Premium Security Password manager comes as an individual account, while it can also be purchased separately this way, it does have a shared version that can be found on the main product page:

Here are a couple of articles that may help you get up to speed with Bitdefender's Password Manager:

• Password Manager only functions with one user, the Chrome Password Manager extension can be installed on my profile and it will only work with my profile? - in this scenario, yes.
    • How about if I sometimes use Safari? Will Password Manager also work for my email address if I am using Safari or it will only work when I am using Chrome? - Yes, using the dedicated extension for Safari, after logging in
    • If it only works with Chrome (based on it using a Chrome extension) then it would seem I wouldn't know the passwords for any site when using Safari since Password Manager would have changed them for all sites while I was using Chrome! - As per the above information, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari are supported. It’s also available as a mobile app for Android and iOS. 🙂

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user