Unable to access NAS device

I've just added a Buffalo NAS device to my home network, which is connected to the same router my desktop is connected to. However, I cannot see the NAS unless I disable the firewall. I know I can add an application to bypass the firewall, how do I add the NAS so I can see it without disabling the firewall? I'm currently on Total Security, build 26.0.34.145.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 12

To add your NAS to the firewall exception in Bitdefender Total Security, you can follow these steps:

1) Click on the Protection button, situated on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.

2) Click the Settings button in the Firewall module.

3) Select the Rules tab. The programs for which rules have already been created will be displayed.

4) To add an application rule, click the Add rule button. After that, a new window will appear.

5) Choose if the rule will apply to all applications or not by clicking on the switch situated in the upper section of the window.

6) Click on Browse and select the .exe file of the application the rule will apply to.

7) Select one of the available Permissions: Allow (blue switch): The specified application will be allowed network/Internet access under the specified circumstances. Deny (grey switch): The specified application will be denied network / Internet access under the specified circumstances.

8) Select the Network Type the rule will apply to. You can choose from the following: Any Network, Home/Office, or Public.

9) Next, you will have to select the IP Protocol the rule will apply to.

10) Finally, select the traffic direction the rule will apply to: Outbound: The rule applies only for outgoing traffic. Inbound: The rule applies only to incoming traffic. Both: The rule applies in both directions.

Kindly note that you might need to know the specific .exe file or port that your NAS uses to communicate with your network. If you’re unsure, you might need to refer to your NAS’s user manual or contact Buffalo’s customer support for more specific instructions.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello,

Also do this:

From the Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user