Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall forced off by new Windows 11 update

Options

My firewall stop working after a windows update, as it forces default Windows firewall to activate.

The option to activate Bitdefender's firewall is still offered in the Security Management, but it will not activate. And if I deactivate the Windows firewall, Windows does not allow the activation of the Bitdefender firewall.

I also checked the BFE, and there is no longer a permission parameter to change to everyone.

So... any ideas???

Comments

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Geraard

I suggest you consult the support article below which proposes a solution according to two scenarios. 

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Regards.

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Geraard
    Geraard
    edited March 17
    Options

Reset through BFE... result... fail

As the everyone parameter is no longer allowed, I tried the All applications and user, failed also.

I also tried:

Windows security app reinitialize... result... fail

Reset through Powershell... result... fail

Reset through cmd adimin winmgmt commands... result... fail

Forbid Windows Defender from execution and forcing Bitdefender to be default.. result... fail

.......................Windows lists the firewall but disables it on start... Reestablished Windows Defender.

I think the Firewall is locked out by Windows Security or The firewall does not hook to the system with proper credentials.

Anything else to try?

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Geraard,

In view of your problem, I think it would be interesting to generate different support logs so that the technical support can precisely examine the malfunction.

Therefore, I invite you to consult the following three topics that explain how to generate the different support logs.

Once the various support logs have been created, you will be able to send them to technical support from this web page below:

You can contact Bitdefender Support from this web page below:

Select the theme that corresponds to your problem and follow the instructions on the screen then click on "contact support". Choose the desired communication channel (chat, phone, email). 

For quick contact, prefer chat communication. 

However, if you prefer the email, you will need to fill out an online form. You will then receive (within 24 to 48 hours) an email from support with an incident ticket corresponding to your request.

Regards.

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus