Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Activating Cryptomining Protection on Website

Options

I have gone to Bitdefender website to activate as per the jpg of email, however, www.central.bitdefender.com image below is a totally different screen to the one shown in the image in second jpg image. I am really confused - can someone please help. Thanks

bitde

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

To add here, kindly check the Bitdefender version as well. Cryptomining Protection was made available with the build version 27.0.30.136, and we are currently at version 27.0.30.140 released on March 4, 2024.

The below article shows you how to manually update the Bitdefender security solution installed on your Windows computer:

Make sure to restart your device, regardless if you already have the latest version or recently updated following this post. Let us know if Cryptomining Protection is displayed afterwards.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Allfiredupnz
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yaye !!!!! Finally sorted 😎. It was all about restarting my device!! 🙄 I turn it off every evening, however, it seems that I hadn't done that for a couple of days.😆 Go figure <:) Must be old age, lol. 😏 Thank you all for your advice and patience. Nyrene 😀

Answers

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    Options

Hello @Allfiredupnz

I invite you to consult the discussion below where the subject has already been discussed.

Bitdefender now includes Cryptomining Protection — Expert Community

Regards.

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Allfiredupnz,

Have you managed to enable it? The module switch is located in the Bitdefender user interface and not in Central:

Regards,

Alex

• Hi Alexandru_BD

Still can't find it on interface. I have Total Security and these are the only categories I have as per my screenshot. I am not sure if I am doing this right?

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Hi @Allfiredupnz

Let me intervene to tell you that according to your screenshot, the "Cryptomining Protection" module should be located just below the "Antivirus" module as shown in the screenshot transmitted by @Alexandru_BD.

You would have to go up "the blue line" (located on the right of the Bitdefender GUI), to check if the "Cryptomining Protection" module is present.

To help you visually, I attach two screenshots.

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• Yaye !!!!! Finally sorted 😎. It was all about restarting my device!! 🙄 I turn it off every evening, however, it seems that I hadn't done that for a couple of days.😆 Go figure <:) Must be old age, lol. 😏 Thank you all for your advice and patience. Nyrene 😀

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Good morning @Allfiredupnz

I am delighted to see that you have succeeded!

Sometimes you must persevere. 😃

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Alright, well done and thanks for following up @Allfiredupnz !👍️

So, to sum it up, if anyone using a Bitdefender product that includes Cryptomining Protection (Total Security, Premium Security, Premium Security Plus, Ultimate Security, Ultimate Security Plus) can't find the feature in the UI, make sure to update to the latest version and restart your device afterwards, and it should appear there.

Regards,

Alex