Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

mobile phone call blocker

Options
GPR
GPR
edited April 5 in Mobile Security

would bengood to have a call blocker app as part of bitdefender

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@GPR ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums.

Would a Moderator move this to the Product Ideation Forum?

@Flexx , @Alexandru_BD

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I think we need to find out more about the feature @GPR is asking and what he actually aims to achieve with such a function, what is the need for it in a security solution. I'm saying this because call blocker features are often integrated into mobile operating systems or provided as standalone apps by mobile carriers, so we are talking about separate functionalities here. In general, mobile users already have access to call blocking functionality without needing to rely solely on a mobile security app.

Common call blocker features available with most mobile devices are: input phone numbers you wish to block; block calls from unknown or hidden numbers; the ability to create lists of allowed (whitelist) and blocked (blacklist) numbers; and some call blocker apps even leverage community databases of known spam or scam numbers.

There's another thing to consider here: mobile security solutions typically prioritize protecting devices from various types of threats, such as malware, phishing attacks, and network vulnerabilities. While call blocking is a useful feature, it may not be considered the primary function of a security app, and given the fact most devices already include various call blocking features, I think it's unlikely to mix these together..it's not something new and it doesn't actually bring additional value to a product, in my opinion, if such functionality is already there on the devices.

For now, until @GPR expands on his suggestion, I've moved this thread under the Mobile Security category.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user