Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where do we contact support?

Options

The latest issue I'm having with Bitdefender is that the Anti-Spam feature turns itself back on after being switched off.

What happened to the link to support on the app itself? I've had to come to this forum for an issue that has probably been flagged somewhere and no amount of "useful" documents are going to help.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nige ,

You can contact Bitdefender Support by clicking on the link below.

Chat is the fastest way to reach them. Telephone support is not toll-free. There is also an email option.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Phil.

• garioch7
    Options

@Nige ,

Please keep us posted on the solution to your issue. It will help others.

Have a great day. It was a pleasure to assist you.

Regards,

Phil

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭
    Options

It's another bug, according to BF support.

Similar to the one which reset AV scan settings after every boot and BF update.

Tiresome.

One expects a certain number of issues with heuristics and the odd false positive, but these recent issues have been all to do with functionality of the product.

• garioch7
    Options

@Nige ,

Thank you for that update. I have my Anti-Spam turned on, so I did not notice the issue.

No product is perfect. BD is a complex application. Bugs will happen, particularly when Microsoft issues their monthly Windows Updates that "break" things. At least the bug was not turning off a protection component.

That's just my personal opinion. I am confident that if you check the Forums of other anti-virus vendors, you will see that they have their "bugs," too. I am happy with BD's proactive approach to identifying and remediating the bugs reported as soon as it can be done safely after extensive testing.

Just my two cents. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭
    Options

The bug was fixed and now there's another.

While I take your points, it's quite tiresome to have to go through the reporting process for bugs with the application which, imho, should have been spotted during QC testing.

• garioch7
    Options

@Nige ,

Thank you for your post. Please let us know what the new bug is.

Permit me, please, to point out that the Bitdefender QA Team cannot test an update on every possible computer configuration. Many bugs that are reported are related to the specific configuration of the user's computer. Those can be resolved by the Bitdefender Support examining the necessary logs from that computer to determine what is causing the bug or conflict.

I would recommend again contacting Support.

Please let us know what the bug is and what you find out so that it may help others.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭
    Options

Thanks.

I appreciate your fan boy responses, but these issues are not about the infinite configurations of people's computers, nor the dark arts of heuristics and threat identification.

The problems with settings not being held by an application are almost always due to quality control and testing issues. In my experience (in IT) many of these particular bugs relate to testing in an environment in which permissions are different than that of a regular user of the software.

The bug this time also relates to the UI not honouring settings between reboots and BF Updates.

This time the setting "Threat Actions" keeps reverting to "Take appropriate Actions" rather than whatever one set it to (e.g. "Move to Quarantine").

I have contacted support.

I only came here to grab the link to the support contact information that you very kindly posted previously.

I'll contact support directly with the next bug report! ;)

• garioch7
    Options

@Nige ,

I appreciate your fan boy responses, but these issues are not about the infinite configurations of people's computers, nor the dark arts of heuristics and threat identification.

I am pleased to hear that you are going to contact Support. We will have to respectfully disagree on whether the advice that I offer on this Forum consists of "fan boy responses."

I would be grateful if you would post the results of your contact with Support, as the information may be valuable to other members here.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil