Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender not keeping scheduled scan

Options

Hey all,

I have used Bitdefender Total Security for several years for my home PC. I have always scheduled a full system scan every day at 1:00 am. About 3 or 4 days ago, Bitdefender did not run the system scan and it hasn't run since then. After looking into it a bit further, the scheduled system scan at 1:00 am appeared to be gone. I didn't think much of it, and created it again to run at 1:00 am. Everything looked fine, however, when I reboot my PC, the scheduled system scan disappears again. So I am not sure what is happening with my scheduled system scan. Everything worked well for years, but something strange is happening now where I can't get it to save the scheduled scan after I reboot. Does anybody know what might be happening?

Here are my PC specs.

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K  3.00 GHz

Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Rylant and welcome to the Community!

First, check if the Profiles are not set to enable automatically, because this will override any scheduled scans. You can find out more about Bitdefender Profiles by clicking on the article below:

Have you made any changes to your system recently? Also make sure the latest available update is installed. Right-click the Bitdefender icon at the right end of the taskbar next to the Windows clock, and then select Update Now.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Rylant
    edited February 22
    Options

Hello Alexandru_BD,

So my profiles are not set to enable automatically. I also installed updates as suggested and I see, in "All Notifications", that it has updated in the 4 or 5 times in the last day, which seems normal to me. Yesterday, I created the scheduled scan and did not reboot the PC. When I woke in the morning, the scan clearly ran as normal. However, I rebooted the PC and now it doesn't appear as the scheduled scan is there any longer. I have some programs that have been installed recently, however I don't believe they would interfere with this. Do you have any other suggestions?

• So just as a further update, yesterday when I was trying to figure out what was going on, I added another scheduled scan to occur ar 1:30 am. After rebooting, neither the 1:00 scan nor the 1:30 scan showed up in the schedule. However, when I woke up this morning, the results of 2 scans were showing on my PC. It is obvious that now, the scans are still scheduled and both the 1:00 and 1:30 scan occurred. However, as they do not show up in the scan schedule, I am not able to adjust them or delete 1 of them. So I am not sure how to proceed with this.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I think this should be further investigated by the Support teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this... You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

• bussie
    Options

Hi there, i can confirm that scheduled scan are gone and adding new ones doesn't help as after a reboot the scans are gone.

I've seen this on my PC and laptop and also on laptops of family and friends.

This is something form the last 1 or 2 weeks i think.

Problem is that in the notifications area it is'nt possible to filter on type of notifications to select quickly on scans.

Maybe Bitdefender can add a filter option?

The problem of disappearing schedules scans is something that Bitdefender has had before in the past.

Please fix this ASAP and don't ask to de- en re-install the software, that is too much trouble.

Are you testing your own software / do you do a regression-test on your software?

Thanks for you quick reaction and hopefully quick fix for this problem.

• Marcus yang
    Options

I was having the same problem for almost 2 weeks now, don't know if it was cause by windows update or the bitdefender update, my custom startup scan didn't not run as scheduled. I was referencing to some old post and reinstalled bitdefender but the custom startup scan schedule continue to be lost after reboot.

• Tokosaba
    Options

I have the same experience. Now we want to switch to this software at the company, and during the test period we experienced the same errors on different computers.

• I have the same problem, but it's not necessary for a reboot to occur for a custom scan to be lost. If I create a custom scan, then close and reopen the Bitdefender window, the scan's gone!

• Tokosaba
    Options

By the way, it also does not remember task settings, such as minimizing it while running or not throwing notifications only in case of failure.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Quick update here, a fix has been deployed with the latest build version 27.0.30.140.

Thank you for your patience! 👍️

• Tokosaba
    Options

Although now the program does not forget the scheduled scan, but the previously set scans that the program apparently forgot at the time are stuck and are still running even though they are not visible in the settings. How can they be erased?

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Tokosaba ,

Thank you for posting back that your issue was resolved. That is great news.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• crescent
    Options

My scan runs, but I can't see the scheduled task anywhere to modify it. This software sucks. Don't they test it? It concerns me if they can't get this simple thing right, how good is the protection?

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@crescent ,

We will have to differ about your assertion that the software sucks.

Yes, the software is rigorously tested. The protection is rated Number One by the independent and well-respected AV-Comparatives Lab.

A fix was issued for this bug. Please check your version number first to ensure that your Bitdefender is fully updated.

If so, you should try a repair installation to see if that solves your issue.

Please post back and let us know if your issue is solved. Good luck, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor