Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Am Getting An Error -196 (TunnelDcnBlockedAuth) On My VPN. Any Help?

Options
Strider11020
edited January 2023 in VPN

I have updated both Bit Defender updates and Microsoft updates. This is on windows 10. I'm looking for guidance.

Answers

• After doing the Microsoft updates I also got the error 196 (TunnelDcnBlockedAuth) and there are no solutions posted in troubleshooting on Bitdefender. In the vulnerability scan there were 4 more microsoft updates to install and I did those. Do the tech experts even monitor the comments being made? It would help to resolve this issue. Thanks.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Check out this comment:

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD Any news on the fix? Thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @Strider11020, @BobSpeng,

@Gjoksi there was indeed an outage at that time, however, it was fixed by the developers.

But the Error code 182 (TunnelConnect) can still be encountered occassionaly, as shown in the article below. The article reveals some of the possible causes:

Go to 'Fix Bitdefender VPN errors on Windows' and try the recommended steps. It's not uncommon for the VPN to return errors after a Windows update, IF some system settings had changed, for example, if port 443 UDP is blocked, or DNS changes need to be made, or if another VPN app or Proxy is running when you try to connect.

If the error persists afterwards, please get in touch with our Support Teams using the link below, as more information from the machine might be required to troubleshoot this:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Do the tech experts even monitor the comments being made? - The forum is being monitored by admins and moderators, but not by Support technicians. The Expert Community members are Bitdefender users like yourself and they contribute on their own time, sharing their product knowledge and experience to help other users.

In the event the basic troubleshooting steps or recommendations posted here do not solve the issue you have encountered, it will be necessary to contact the Support Teams for a more in-depth investigation. In some cases, the engineers may request logs from the affected device and such information cannot be uploaded on the public forum.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BigO
    Options

vpn error 196

• dcgk
    Options

I tried the recommended fixes yesterday and still not working.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dcgk ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. If you have tried all of the steps in the pinned article at the top of this Forum, then I would suggest that you contact Bitdefender Support.

Chat is the fastest way to reach them. Telephone support is not toll-free. You also have an email option.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor