Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mobile security Malware button is suddenly not functioning.

Options

I have Google pixel six. This morning I turned my phone on and I went to do a manual scan and found the button was non-functional. I went to Google play. I did an application update for several apps but bitdefender was not listed. Then Bit defender said my phone was at risk as some changes have been made to my phone and that I should run a scan for malware. I tried to do this, but again my scanner is non-functional as the button will not work.Help please!

I logged on to Bitdefender Central and attempted a remote scan but this didn’t work either.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G (SM-A346B/DSN)
    Android 14
    One UI Core 6.0
    Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2024
    Google Play System Update April 1, 2024
    BD Mobile Security 3.3.234.2411

So far, no issues with the START SCAN button in MALWARE SCANNER module of the app.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.
    NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!
    Regards.

• Fried
    edited April 24
    Options

thanks for the reply. I’ll contact support for some reason thhe chat button isn’t functioning on their website. I’ll give them a call. Cheers!

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello again.

The chat button is functioning. First you need to disable any ad-blocker like uBlock Origin, AdBlock, AdBlock Plus etc. in your browser, next click on the chat button, wait for few seconds and the chat window will open.

Regards.

• Fried
    Options

Gjoski, thanks. I talked to Support and we reinstalled the app and now other features aren’t working . I am calling back now. On hold

• Petersl
    Petersl
    edited April 25
    Options

Hi @Fried

I have the same issue with the new version 3.3.234.2411, on my device however it works again after about 30 minutes after booting my android device.

I made a post about it: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/99656/bitdefender-scanner-no-longer-works-on-android-after-update-to-version-3-3-234-2411

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

You could check my comment here:

(click on "2:35 pm" on right of my username to see the comment with the screenshots i posted)

Regards.