Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender scanner no longer works on android after update to version 3.3.234.2411

Options

Hi everyone,

I have a android TV box with android 12 running bitdefender mobile version 3.3.234.2411, since it updated to this new version today I can no longer scan, when pressing the scan button nothing happens.

I can see in my bitdefender central when I go to my android device an click on the "malwarescan" that a scan is "currently running" even when it's not.

I have reinstalled the bitdefender mobile app on my android device and the scanner still doesn't work.

Now in central it shows it as a problem with my device and when I click to resolve it remotely it jut says "fix in progress" but it does not get fixed.

I have made a ticked with support about this issue.

Thx

Comments

• Frosting7698
    Options

Happened to me on an android 13 phone, manual scan doesn't work.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G (SM-A346B/DSN)
    Android 14
    One UI Core 6.0
    Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2024
    Google Play System Update April 1, 2024
    BD Mobile Security 3.3.234.2411

So far, no issues with the START SCAN button in MALWARE SCANNER module of the app.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.
    NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!
    Regards.

• Petersl
    Options

Hi everyone,

Update: When I boot my android device I cannot use the manual scan, also the in the "app lock" tab it shows no apps listed (the app list is empty) and in "account privacy" it's not showing my account.

About 30 minutes after having booted up my android device the scanner works again and app lock and account privacy load normally as well.

It seems this issue in version 3.3.234.2411 causes a delay of at least 30 minutes on my device before I can run scans and the bitdefender mobile app runs normal.

Hope this info help for a fix.

Thx

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

I not this problem in my smartphone with Bitdefender Mobile Security.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Frosting7698
    Options

Can confirm that this is the case, it'll stop working after reboot and it'll work again after sometime.

• Nunzio77
    Options

I also confirm this bug. Manual scanning does not work for about 30 minutes. Furthermore, today it asks me to activate the anti-theft device and "take photos", I had already activated this some time ago.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Nunzio77
    Options

It seems that everything is blocked for at least 30 minutes, in fact if I click on activate "anti-theft" nothing happens... Too many bugs... 🙁

Nunzio ·

• Gjoksi
    edited April 25
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

Android 14
    One UI Core 6.0
    BD Mobile Security 3.3.234.2411

AFTER phone RESTART, there are a few bugs:

After exactly 30 (thirty) minutes from the device's restart, the bugs/issues were resolved by themselves, i didn't change anything in the app's settings and/or in the Android's settings, after 30 minutes all of a sudden they were enabled and/or started to working normally.

I'll tag @Alexandru_BD @agozob @dvsls to check on the bugs/issues.

Regards.

• william777
    Options

I have exactly the same issue with my Samsing Galaxy S22 phone.

• emron
    Options

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S22. It works after waiting 30 minutes.

• I have the same issues all listed above. And I contacted the support and then after 10 mins my app started to work while I was with support. I asked them to escalate the issues to the superior as I also discovered this post.

I want to thank you all for putting your issues online and it has been great help!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello everyone,

Just jumping in here to let you know that a task has been opened for the BMS devs last week following your reports and was completed just earlier today, so we are expecting the fix to be deployed with the next product update, and that should be released asap.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and for bringing this to our attention in the first place. 👍️

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio77
    Options

Hi,

i saw that the version was released: 3.3.236.2415

Has the problem been resolved with this version?

Nunzio ·

• John C
    Options

Same issue here

• Nunzio77
    Options

Nunzio ·

• Nunzio77
    Options

A new version has been released: 3.3.236.2417

Can you test please.

Nunzio ·

• emron
    Options

My version is 3.3.236.2417

Same issue at 5.45pm GMT +10

• Petersl
    Options

My android device updated today to this new version 3.3.236.2417.

The issue still persists, can only run scans about 30 minutes after boot.

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello again.

Android 14
    One UI Core 6.0
    BD Mobile Security 3.3.234.2417

Even updating yesterday to the latest version 3.3.234.2417, the same bugs/issues from my comment here:

still persist, they are not solved.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I'm looking into this.

Thanks for following up with your findings.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• flynyver
    Options

Had the same problem on two android devices AFTER I switched subscriptions (from total security to premium security) via https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/34264/

Maybe that helps..

• SirDaxALot
    Options

Same faulty experience on Oppo Find N2 Flip (Android 13). Did not wait for 30min though...

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Rob357
    Options

OPPO A9. Same problem. Reinstalled, problem still there. Admin active, permission granted, battery exemptions. Click activate anti theft nothing happens. Trying to scan nothing happens.

After 30 minutes works again. Very strange. 🤔

• Nunzio77
    Options

@agozob news??

Nunzio ·

• SirDaxALot
    Options

Surprise: after upgrading from Android 13 to Android 14 all problems with Bitdefender vanished like magic...

• emron
    Options

My phone is on Android 14 but the issues persisted.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am on Android version 14 (Samsung Galaxy S21). Issues persist for me as well.

Have a great day.

Regards,
    Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor