Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender system backup

Options
Petersl
Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

It would be great if you could make a backup of your system with bitdefender and you could sync it with your bitdefender account so when you have an issue on your pc or have an infection you can restore it form the bitdefender central.

Thx

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 19
    Options

Nice try on this one, @Petersl but I'll have to pass :) That one sounds fraught with internal sync issues, Central sync issues and restore issues. I would rather use a designated app for my system backup's like Macrium Reflect, EaseUS etc. that have more of a track history of success. I would also rather use Dropbox or OneDrive in tandem with a offline backup/imaging app. I would also rather use a 3rd party online AV scanner or something like NPE, KVRT, or EEK to run in case BD can't resolve it.

The only thing I would like to see BD implement backup wise, is for the settings, especially for those who have multiple AV Exceptions, Advanced Threat Defense Exceptions as well as multiple Firewall rules. To be able to easily restore those, or export them to be imported to a new device install.

Cheers :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Petersl
    Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps only store the backup locally then and you run the restore form the bitdefender app or maybe a bitdefender bootable drive to restore your system.

Thx

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 23
    Options

To add here, while the idea of backing up your system with Bitdefender and syncing it to your account sounds convenient, there are some concerns. Cloud storage can be expensive and limited, and large backups might use up your space quickly, leading to extra costs. Uploading and downloading large backups can also use a lot of bandwidth, which could be a problem for users with limited internet. Additionally, Bitdefender focuses on security, not backups. That's why there are dedicated backup services like Acronis, Backblaze, and Carbonite. These services are designed specifically for backups and offer better security, storage options, and efficiency.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 23
    Options

The only thing I would like to see BD implement backup wise, is for the settings, especially for those who have multiple AV Exceptions, Advanced Threat Defense Exceptions as well as multiple Firewall rules. To be able to easily restore those, or export them to be imported to a new device install. - Indeed @Scott, this concept has been featured in the community a couple of times over the years, but it's still unclear if this is something the developers would consider in the future versions.

As for the initial suggestion, I think a system backup involving Central is unlikely to happen..

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user