Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to upgrade from Bitdefender Ultimate Security home to GravityZone Small Business Security

Options

Started off with just a few computers but now reaching over 10.

I could not find any info on how to upgrade on the website, does cancelling Bitdefender Ultimate Security home and purchasing GravityZone Small Business Security involves having to uninstall and reinstall all devices? not even sure if GravityZone Small Business Security is the right product, no need for VPN, only need antivirus/malware and randsomeware protection.

Tagged:

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 4
    Options

Hello @JABIT

GravityZone Small Business is a whole different animal, you would need to uninstall all of your desktop Total Security apps to install GravityZone. It's a different pricing structure, no upgrades from a home user product to a Business edition. It is not for smartphone or tablets, only for desktop type of environments. Also, you need to be a valid business to use it.

https://www.bitdefender.com/business/products/gravityzone-small-business-security.html

Since you mentioned that you really only needed AV/Malware and Ransomware protection, the Family Pack seems to be a good fit. It does not include the Premium VPN you're currently paying for, only the 200MB per day version, or the Password Manager and Identity Protection you're currently paying for and and it does give you the greater number of device installs compared to your Ultimate Security.

Bitdefender Family Pack for 15 devices is $80. for the 1st year. *

*The prices listed are promotion prices from the BD website.

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/family-pack.html

And just in case you saw this on the BD website, For Home/ All-In-One Plans/Device Security, Bitdefender Small Office Security goes from 5 - 10 - 20 devices. 20 devices being $150. for the 1st year. But, here's how it functions:

Small Office Security by Bitdefender protects business systems with centralized policy-based control and real-time visibility into the security status - features that are expected of enterprise security solutions - but does not require onsite server hardware or maintenance as it is managed by the hosted Bitdefender management console.

If you wanted to contact support and chat with them regarding any follow up questions, they can be contacted here, (or you can ask here in your thread).

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Select, Purchase & Manage Subscription and go through the prompts until you get to the black Contact Support box. You will have the the options of Chat, Call or Email. Chat is the quickest way to get thing started, phone support is not toll-free.

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• JABIT
    Options

@Scott

Thank you for all this info.

In reference to GravityZone, When you say "you have to be a valid business" What is considered a valid business?

Looking at the Family pack, it shows "Protect up to 15 devices per household*" (Does it make a difference if not all users are at the same location?)

The environment at the moment is 11 desktops/laptops and employees with laptops are sometimes on the road.

The laptops/desktops are a mixture of Windows 10, 11 Home and Pro with accounting software on a standalone workstation serving all users. There is no active directory.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 4
    Options

Very good follow-up questions and information posted, JABIT…and this is where I need to hand you off to @Alexandru_BD who works for Bitdefender, who can help to answer those more advanced questions better than I can. He may get back to you tomorrow, or Wednesday.

Edit: this may help to answer one of your questions. Since you would be the admin of the account, you can install via an invite or share through the App or Central to others on their Windows 10 and 11 devices, you simply become the custodian of those installs. This link may help:

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Andrei_S Enterprise
    Andrei_S Enterprise Business Support Manager BD Staff
    edited June 4
    Options

Hello @JABIT ,

I am not very familiar with the home product but the GravityZone Small Business Security licensing model is based on the number of endpoints, 30% of which can be servers, as it is somehow expected that businesses have servers that would need to be protected as well, not only workstations.

Regarding which product to recommend, I cannot say this is for you to decide which best fits your needs.
    To all the information shared by @Scott I am also including the features list for the Small Business Security that you can check: https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-376322-features-by-product.html

Furthermore, the best way to determine if this product fits your needs is to try it as we offer a free trial (again thanks to @Scott who shared the link in his post).

Later edit: You don't actually need to own a company when you buy the product you can choose one of the 2 options available: I'm an individual or I represent a company

If you need more clarifications or details about the Enterprise Products please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Andrei

• JABIT
    Options

@Andrei_S Enterprise

Thank you for the update.

I am an IT Consultant setting up a customer. Uninstalling and reinstalling on 10 devices to evaluate the trial for GravityZone is not ideal for me although Small Business Security appears to correspond the what is required.

If by staying in the home plan and upgrading to the family Pack (15) without the need to reinstall it would be a simpler and quicker solution as long as the "per household*" does not cause an issue.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

According to this article:

https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/subscription-agreement-and-terms-of-services-for-home-user-solutions.html

"4.1. Bitdefender Solution - Family pack, being limited to 15 devices, and (i) free solutions, such as Antivirus Free and Home Scanner, being limited to 25 devices; (ii) freemium solutions, such as VPN Basic – being limited to 10 devices, Mobile Security iOS - being limited to 50 devices and (iii) paid solution, such as SOHO, very small business – being limited to 25 devices and 50 devices for all other paid solutions as stated on the websites; also it restricts the usage within Your household and it is intended to be used on devices belonging to family members living in the same household in accordance with the fair use policy. Limitations may apply in case installations exceed residential usage. Bitdefender reserves the right to limit the users if it determines an abuse of the usage of  Bitdefender Solution. The same applies to the services where a Fair usage restriction also applies."

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

In other words, you are not required to reinstall Bitdefender on the devices where it was already installed, if you decide to change your subscription from Ultimate Security to Family Pack. However, if the protection is meant for a business environment, I would look at Small Office Security, because it offers the option to protect up to 20 devices and this way, if the infrastructure grows over time, you will have more slots available. Family Pack, as the name suggests, is more focused on home usage and may come with some restrictions since it's designed to cover the devices that belong to the same household. I'm not saying that it won't work, because it will do the job just fine, it's just that SOHO is a more suitable package for a business environment than Family Pack, in my opinion.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• JABIT
    Options

I think Small Office Security is what I will go with as it makes more sense for the type of business and since it is a growing business 20 is better than 15.

Thanks to all for your time.