Digital Identity Protection feature

Digital Identity Protection feature:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to obtain as PDF document all the information concerning the data breach I suffered and any useful infromation present there, regarding dark web presence and so on. I would like to make a report to the law enforcment regarding my situation and the data breach I have suffered and having a document in that form would be very helpful.

1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This feature cannot be developed. An alternative would be to print the DIP page.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection helps safeguard your online identity by monitoring your personal information for potential data breaches. It scans the web, including the dark web, for leaks that might expose your email addresses, phone numbers, and other sensitive data. If your information is found compromised, Bitdefender will notify you immediately so you can take action to protect yourself. It can also help you manage your online reputation by monitoring publicly available information about you.

However, it's important to understand some limitations. When a data breach occurs, it often affects many people, not just one. Providing a detailed report for each individual would be a massive task with privacy concerns. Additionally, Bitdefender can only link your email to breaches involving companies where you have accounts. Data security measures and privacy regulations restrict access to the entire dataset of breached information.

Despite these limitations, Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection offers valuable benefits. By being alerted to breaches quickly, you can take steps to prevent identity theft or fraud. It also provides peace of mind by monitoring your information and empowers you to manage your online presence. Just keep in mind that it might be a separate subscription and may not be able to remove your information from all sources.

@Alexandru_BD, do you have anything to add or rectify here?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• thanks Flexx for the explanation on the feature and limitations of Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection but my feedback wasn’t considered in your reply :(

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

To be precise, it would not be possible to add an option to obtain all the information concerning the data breach as a PDF document.

@Alexandru_BD, do you want to add anything here?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @JULS1995,

I think the browser can be used for this, or at least to print the DIP page. Based on the information I have, a pdf export function will not be developed.

Regardless of the outcome, I wish to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your thoughts here and for joining our community. 👍️

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user