Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Mobile Security For Android: After Device Restart, Web Protection Turns OFF!

Options
Gjoksi
Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G (SM-A346B/DSN)

BEFORE DEVICE RESTART:

AFTER DEVICE RESTART:

As you can see from the screenshots, after device restart the Web Protection module turns off by itself. Just to mention that before and after the device restart, nothing in the app's settings and/or in the Android settings has been changed.

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD @agozob @dvsls Guys, can you please check on this? Thanks.

Comments

• Petersl
    Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I have the same issue on my android tv box, after the update to version 3.3.241.2432 the "web protection" is turned off after every boot of my device and I have to turn it back on manually.

This issue has been acknowledge by @Alexandru_BD in https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/99672/bd-mobile-security-scam-alert-and-anti-theft-both-turned-off-any-help

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Petersl

Hello.

Thanks for your comment.

All we can do now is to wait for a fix to be released.

Cheers.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Yes, @Petersl beat me to it, I was about to refer to my earlier post on the other thread. A fix will be released soon, as the mobile teams are treating this situation with high priority, as expected. I will revert back here with updates, as soon as they are available to me.

Thank you @Gjoksi for taking the time to share your findings here as well. 👍️

I appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Just following up on this matter.

On Saturday, the latest BMS version 3.3.241.2437 was released and this strictly fixes the issue related to Web Protection:

The Chat Protection issue is still being investigated and another hotfix for that will soon follow, so there will be a minor 'follow up update' that will specifically address this.

Thank you for your patience and feedback! 🤜🤛

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Petersl
    Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I can confirm that the new version 3.3.241.2437 has fixed the "web protection" issue on my device.

Thx