Anti-Theft Lock Device option does not work for PCs

I have 2 PCs under my Bitdefender total protection plan, and 2 mobiles. On my android, the lock device options work perfectly, even on my PCs. But since 1 day ago, the 'LOCK DEVICE' option does not have effect on my PCs, on central it says 'Device is locked' but on the PC it is not locked. How do I fix this? Please help.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH mod

Hello.
    ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account and devices.
    So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.
    Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.
    NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Hello @Arun S,

It could be that the connection between Bitdefender and Central was lost for some reason. It should be checked if it works again after signing in now. Follow these steps to sync Bitdefender with the active subscription again and let us know if this fixes the issue:

1. Double-click the Desktop shortcut to open the Bitdefender security solution dashboard.

2. Click the account icon in the top right corner of the Bitdefender interface.

3. Click the Switch Account button to change the account linked to the computer.

4. Sign in with the e-mail address and the password of your Central account.

Do this on both PCs. This should help refresh Bitdefender and synchronize it again with the subscription in Central, so that the Lock Device command takes effect.

Let us know if this worked for you.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user