bitdefender security central is detrimental for windows performance

simpel
edited July 18 in General Topics

Hi Community,
I am having great experience with Bitdefender on all my portable devices, but on my windows laptop I am really struggling with performances.

After installing Bitdefender app, my laptop is really working so bad that i'm considering to remove it from the device: it's slow, laggy, slow browsing, GUI laggin sometimes - it's just seems no RAM is left for anything else but the antivirus.

I tried to make a new plain installation, letting the system run its full scan and reboot many times, ensure i have all updates but nothing. I have double checked I don't have both bitdefender running and windows firewall. I have removed all the optional protections from the menu and it's faster, but still the app is having a significant impact on the performance of the laptop.

I am running on windows 11 on microsoft surface go laptop.

Does anyone have the same issue/have any suggestions for my case?

thanks a lot

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH mod
  • Hi Gjoksi, thanks for your answer and for the useful links.

Regarding the first link: the single most effective solution was removing all the optional functionalities of the antivirus (like spam, firewall and randsomware remediation). Which by the way didn't feel fair since I paid for them.

Regarding the second link, I run the System File Checker tool which indeed found and fixed an error. This caused some improvement to my PC, but still far away from how it worked before the installation of Bitdefender.

I then found the single most effective action of all: uninstalling Bitdefender from Windows! Now my PC works fast and smooth like before, with no glitches and annoying lags and loading time.

I'm sorry but this product really doesn't work for me, I will cancel my subscription and ask for a refund.

Thanks again for you support!

Simone