Parental control cannot block Facebook, instagram

Hello,

I set up parental controls to block Facebook and Instagram, but I can still access them on my device. Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited August 17

Here you can find the relevant articles for the new version, including the user guide which can be found at the bottom of the page:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/get-help-parental/

@Taipm I believe the instructions you are looking for are these:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/100181/

The available options allow you to type in the website address (e.g. facebook.com) and select whether to allow or block it from the drop-down menu. Make sure this is correctly set for both facebook and instagram.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello @Alexanru_BD

Yes, I has already done as this guide but it doesn't work.

A Guide to Content Filtering - Bitdefender Consumer Support Center

My machine is windows 11 home single language, Does Bitdefender support?

• I understand. Considering the above, I would get hold of Bitdefender Support and ask them to check what's happening there. It seems we exhausted all the basic troubleshooting steps and instructions we can provide here on the forum, unless someone has anything else to add.
    Since more information might be required to troubleshoot this behavior, head to the link below to get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers and choose one of the contact channels listed there:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes, I'm very curious to find out why the block was not working as it should.

Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Taipm
    Taipm
    edited August 21

Bitdefender has confirmed a software bug, and they said it will take at least more than a month to fix, which is too long.

Thank you for your follow-up e-mail.

A fix for this Bitdefender behavior is still undergoing development. We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but we will contact you as soon as it's implemented by an automatic update of Bitdefender. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period.

Also, once the fix is up we will extend the validity of your subscription by the amount of time it took to resolve the issue and to compensate for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Rest assured that we will contact you again as soon as the fix is released.

• @Alexandru_BD @All members

Bitdefender informed me that there has been an issue since August 1st, and it’s been over a month now without any updates. I emailed them for a follow-up, but they haven't bothered to reply. Bitdefender is really disappointing.