More details in the bitdefender central security events page

Petersl
Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to see in the bitdefender central on the "security events" page more details from each event recorded.

Right now it only shows the two factor authentication (2FA) events, password changes events and logins to the central or logins on devices and the location and ip address of the events.

However it does not show from which device there was a login, if the login was a login in the central or a login from a device that was added.

I sometimes login several times a day in central from different devices and it would be very helpful if I could see on each event exactly from which device there was a login, what type of login (a login in central or a new device added or a login in the community forum) and also with the two factor authentication (2FA) from which device this was requested and from which device the password was changed.

Thx

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @Petersl and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We have noted your suggestion and it has been forwarded to the development teams automatically after posting it here.

Your contributions and ideas are always welcome and please feel free to share with us any other suggestions that come to mind in the future. The product developers are always open to new ideas coming from our users and will always consider the concepts that have true potential of making it into production.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited August 7

The feature is already available in Bitdefender Central. Kindly open the Bitdefender Central website, click on your name in the top right corner, and then select 'Sessions' from the dropdown menu.

The only drawback is that Windows 11 will be displayed as Windows 10. This is something @Alexandru_BD can get checked by the respective team.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @Flexx thanks for pointing that out, I forgot about this possibility. @Petersl is this what you are looking for?

In regards to Windows 10 being displayed there, I think this comment explains it:

Thanks

• Well, Alex, I don't think the Bitdefender online central that's displaying Windows 10 is actually showing the version of Windows 10. As far as I know, it only shows "Windows 10" without any version details. I could be wrong, or there might be a bug with Bitdefender online central. Can you get this checked?

Regards

• @Flexx I think you are right, it's not supposed to be displayed like this. I'll ask around and see what's the issue there.

Thanks

• So, based on our findings, the operating system version is displayed this way because Windows 11 has switched to a different mechanism for reporting agent data. The legacy user-agent in Windows 11 will look like a Windows 10:

The developers will look to find out where they need to include support for 'User-Agent Client Hints'. Theoretically, the integration should start directly from the front-end.

Regards,

Alex

• Thanks for the information @Alexandru_BD. I think you should be in touch with the developers from time to time to check on the implementation of support for User-Agent Client Hints, as we might receive issues like this in the future.

Regards

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi @Flexx @Alexandru_BD

That's not exactly what I meant, what it would like to see is in the "security events" page whenever there is a login from which device of mine that the login was and what type of login.

In the "session" page it only shows a login when you log in to the central but not when you log in to the community forum or when you log in by adding a new device to your account.

I just logged in to central and in the community forum and in "sessions" in only shows the login of the central but not the community forum login and it also doesn't show in "sessions" from which of my devices was logged in only from what OS (windows 10) but I have several windows 10 pc's so it be helpful to know from which I had logged in from.

It also only shows in the "security events" that there was a login but not from which of my devices and if it was a login to the central or a login to the community forum.

Also when the 2FA is generated it doesn't show from which of my devices the 2FA request was made and when changing my password it doesn't show from which of my devices the password change was made.

Adding these details would be very helpful.

Thx

• Regarding your request for more detailed tracking of logins and security events within Bitdefender Central and the Community Forum, I understand the importance of having this information, especially when managing multiple devices. Currently, as far as I know, the session tracking feature you’re asking for is not implemented, particularly for the Community Forum and other platforms beyond Bitdefender Central. However, I’m not entirely certain of the specifics, so it would be best to wait for @Alexandru_BD to provide more detailed information when he returns on Monday.

Regards