Windows Bitdefender Vpn Error Code 9 Cannot Be Solved ?

I tried all the Windows VPN solutions in these link: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11311/

Still, error code 9 appeared on my Windows PC.

Comments

• Hello.

You could contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Premium VPN, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Hi,

I think the problem is bigger then something general, because I'm having the same issue. Followed literally all the steps mentioned in the Windows VPN solutions link that's also mentioned by @Parimalnakade

But still the same problem. It's only on Windows, not on android by the look of it, as it's working correctly there. I also tried switching networks / ethernet etc... nothing helps. Always error 9. If somebody else is also having these issues out of a sudden on Windows, please report.

• Another update,

Out of a sudden it started working again. Didn't change anything, so probably something on the bitdefender end...

• Hello,

We've undergone some maintenance for our VPN servers, but everything should be ok now. In the event the error persists, please do let us know.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I, too, am having an issue with error 9 using Windows 11 after upgrading from Windows 10. I have tried every item in troubleshooting and still have the issue. I have even updated the VPN to the best one offered for another $40 and all that did was waste the $40. I have contacted customer support and all that got me so far was to try all the troubleshooting items again……this is getting old. Anyone have any suggestions??

• Hello @jguymon01,

Have you checked the below possible causes?

• No Internet – Make sure your device is connected to the Internet with a fast and stable connection.
    • Firewall – Check that your firewall isn’t blocking the VPN. If you’re not sure, look in your router’s manual, contact the manufacturer or your Internet provider.
    • Another VPN or Proxy – If you’re running another VPN or Proxy, disable it when trying to connect.
    • Public Wi-Fi (like in a hotel, school, or office) – Contact the network administrator to see if they can change the firewall settings and allow the VPN connection.
    • Port 443 is blocked – Port 443 UDP must be open for Bitdefender VPN to work. Access your router’s settings by typing its IP address into a web browser (refer to your router’s manual if necessary), find “Port Forwarding” or a similar section, and ensure Port 443 with UDP protocol is allowed. Save settings, then restart router and computer.

Apart from these, conflicts with other security or VPN software installed on your device might interfere with Bitdefender VPN, so make sure to check this as well. If none of these reasons are behind the error 9 code, contacting Bitdefender customer support for further assistance would be advisable. Simply reply on the open case and mention the troubleshooting steps already taken and make sure to include the following information that could help the engineers during troubleshooting:

• The OS on which the VPN is running.
    • The affected account.
    • Whether the problem occurs on a
      specific location or all locations?
    • IP of the affected server(s), if applicable
    • If using standalone VPN or VPN in BMS
    • Whether the problem occurs only on mobile data or only on Wi-Fi or present on both.
      Preferably try multiple networks.
    • App version.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

• Ahmaed
    edited August 14

hi

I have been using BD VPN for years

just today I got the (error code 9 &182) massage. can't connect to any location! it was disconnecting often for the last few days. now it does not connect at all!!

please help

• Same situation with Ahmaed. I have been using it for awhile now and never really had any issues. It is connecting fine on my mobile Android device but keeps popping up on my Windows 10 computer with an Error 9. It was working just fine last night and hasn't worked since this morning. Is there an update or glitch that is causing this from BitDefender's end?

• JustAnotherLurker
    edited August 20

I'm having the same issue here on my windows 10, it was fine yesterday but I updated this morning and now the VPN gets error 9 and error 2.

After following the troubleshooting steps the error codes linked me to, I noticed that TAP-Windows Adaptor V9 wasn't just disabled, it was completely absent from my PC, has it gone missing for anyone else?

• Yes, it looks like reinstalling BitDefender VPN does not reinstall the TAP driver. You need to go find a copy of it, install it, and then it should work.

At least that's what worked for me.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited August 21

Hello,

Based on my findings, there has been a temporary technical issue with the VPN yesterday evening, but this was resolved shortly after it was found and the VPN should work as expected now. Can anyone confirm if that's the case?

Thanks

• I've been having this issue on and off for months. VPN stopped connecting completely yesterday after a Windows (11) update and still not connecting today. Error Code 9. Always error code 9.

I've taken all the steps in various articles and even reset network and adapters, clearing dns cache but still no joy. :(

• Hi @ClearSkiesVA,

Then this means the issue you are encountering is unrelated to the outage which occurred yesterday.
    And if all the basic troubleshooting steps didn't fix this, I think it's a task for the Bitdefender Support engineers going forward. You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex