Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where is my refund?

When the time came for a new Total Security subscription, I paid using iDEAL directly on the Bitdefender website. Supposedly this payment did not go through, even though it was debited to my bank account on 27 June 2024. Per the suggestion of your Tech Support, I paid again on 28 June 2024, using my creditcard. Tech Support assured me that the initial payment via iDEAL would be returned. It’s now July 26th and I have yet to receive a refund.

Moreover, your payment processor 2Checkout contacted me on 2 July 2024 acknowledging that there has been an excess payment concerning the same order and I instructed them to return the funds to my account on 8 July 2024. There has been no communication or action from 2Checkout ever since, despite several reminders.

I have been in contact with your Support Center, that has been giving me the runaround, as well as the Retention and Loyalty department. The latter made me a lovely offer of an additional 3 months on the same subscription. How this is supposed to compensate for the double payment is beyond me.

My question is this, where is my refund? And is this what passes for customer service?

Let me reiterate that I am very happy with the products offered by Bitdefender and I have been a loyal customer for 7 years. I would genuinely regret losing that relationship, but I feel like you are leaving me little choice.

Tagged:

Answers

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Meredith_934_4

I think the best thing for you to do is contact Bitdefender’s support again.
    Indeed, only Bitdefender support can answer a business question.
    You can contact Bitdefender support from the page below:

Once on this page, select the theme corresponding to your problem and the relevant feature. Follow the instructions on the screen and click "Contact Support". Choose the desired communication channel (Chat, phone or email).

The chat is the fastest way to contact you compared to email. However, if you opt for the latter, you will have to fill out an online form. You will then receive an email from Bitdefender support, containing a ticket of incidents regarding your request.

Moreover, no doubt that @Alexandru_BD one of the administrators of this community, will be able to give you more details on his return.

Regards,

Windows 11 Famille 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Hello @TaxiMagicien42

Thank you for your suggestions. Sadly, I have already tried them all. By now I have accumulated 3 ticket numbers and exchanged no less than 7 emails with Bitdefender Support within the last week alone, none of which contain the words “Here is your refund.” :)

I am truly disappointed that this matter, which was first brought to Bitdefender Support’s attention on June 28th via chat, has still not been resolved.

Regards,

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Meredith_934_4

Thank you for your feedback.
    I understand your situation. I’m sorry about that.

That’s why I told you in my previous message that @Alexandru_BD who is the administrator of this community, may be able to give you more details

Regards,

Windows 11 Famille 23H2

• Thank you @TaxiMagicien42

I had hoped as much about @Alexandru_BD being able to interfere. As is, I have informed Bitdefender Support that I will cancel my subscription if a satisfactory solution is not reached before the end of this day.

Once again, I am sad that it has come to this.

Regards,

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course @Meredith_934_4

We must not lose hope there is always a solution.

Regards,

Windows 11 Famille 23H2

• Hello.

Please wait a reply from @Alexandru_BD.

He works for Bitdefender and i'm sure he will handle the situation, or at least prioritize your ticket/case.

He'll be in the office on Monday, so just wait for his reply.

Thanks and regards.

• Hello @Gjoksi

Thank you for reaching out.

I suppose I could wait to hear back from @Alexandru_BD next week. I’m just frustrated.

Regards,

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited July 28

Hello @Meredith_934_4

I spoke with one of our Support team leads on Friday, and at that time they told me they replied to you a few hours before your post here, and that the case is still open. I think the refund could be delayed due to the payment method. I remember they sometimes had to ask for the bank details again when issuing refunds for iDEAL, while this is not necessary for other payment methods, and in some cases it may even take longer than usual for the refund to be processed. Usually, it takes maximum 10 business days (but the refunds are completed in 2-3 days), but this doesn't happen with iDEAL for some reason.

I don't have further details at the moment and this is just an assumption, but I'll follow up on Monday as soon as I have updates.

Thank you for your patience.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello @Alexandru_BD

Thank you for following up on the matter.

Yes, the case is still open. And on Friday the Support team finally agreed to contact 2Checkout after insisting as late as Thursday that a refund had been “processed” on June 29th.

As for 2Checkout, they have gone radio silent since I requested a refund on July 8th. No bank details were requested nor did they acknowledge my email or any of the follow up reminders in any way.

I am glad you are involved now and I hope you will have more news soon.

Regards,

• Hi @Meredith_934_4,

Indeed, the Support teams are diligently working together with 2Checkout/Verifone to solve this matter. They recently asked the vendor for an update on the open request. Apparently, the vendor is struggling to locate the order, but the Support teams have assured me they will issue the refund as soon as the transaction is identified.

Again, I suspect this has something to do with the payment method, but also with the fact that there were actually two payments and one of them needs to be reversed, and I think this is where they need to get things straight and check their records thoroughly, to find and revert the payment in quesion. Basically, they need to 'follow the money'.
    The Support representatives will get back to you on the open ticket as soon as they have news.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

• Hello @Alexandru_BD

Thanks for the update. It’s crazy to think the payment method used is causing all these issues, considering I used the same method last year and that went off without a hitch. Consider me forewarned.

If it helps in any way, I sent proof of each payment via chat under ticket number 1009422033.

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter.

Regards,

• Hello @Alexandru_BD

Would you kindly assist me once again in this matter?

After a delay from my bank, I finally submitted documentation detailing my banking information to 2Checkout. Two weeks have passed since and they still have not issued a refund nor have they responded in any way to a reminder I sent last week. Would you kindly follow up with them and see what the holdup is?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Your help has been invaluable.

Regards,

• @Alexandru_BD

Again your help is needed here, buddy.

• @Gjoksi

Thank you for putting out the Bat Signal to @Alexandru_BD. I greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

• Hello,

I've asked one of our commercial support representatives to follow up with the vendor asap regarding this.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

• Hello @Alexandru_BD

Thank you for your kind assistance.

In that case, I will wait until I hear back from them. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks again.

Regards,

• Hello @Alexandru_BD

Another week has passed without any action or communication from your Support team. Or 2Checkout, for that matter. Surely it is not normal for a refund to take this long and require this much communication?

In any case, I would appreciate it if you would follow up with them once again.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

• Hello @Meredith_934_4,

I have asked for an update. Based on my findings, the vendor, 2Checkout/Verifone, needs some additional information from you in order to be able to process the refund. Apparently, they have notified you directly, and as soon as they receive the required information, they will process the refund, as requested.
    According to the Bitdefender Support teams, they have recommended you to get in touch with 2Checkout/Verifone directly to sort this out, because they are unable to process the refund themselves, as long as the vendor requests additional information and cannot approve the refund otherwise.

Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do to speed up the resolution in this case, and it will be necessary to contact 2Checkout/Verifone to clarify what is required from you and how to proceed further.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Alex

• Hello @Alexandru_BD

Thank you for getting back to me.

Since I already sent this additional information in a direct email to 2Checkout on 15 August, followed by two reminders, I decided to contact 2Checkout by phone just now. I cannot say that I know who monitors the addresses pay@2checkout.com and refund@2checkout.com, but the 2Checkout employee on the phone could not find any mention of a refund in her system. Moreover, she informed me that Bitdefender is in charge of any refunds and will be contacting me. Again.

Just a head’s up.

Kind regards,